[OT] MLB Discussion

87 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 3, 2017 2:13pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

[OT] MLB Discussion

Watching Dodgers opening day. Grand Slam by Joc Pederson!, followed immediately by a home run by Yasmani Grandal! 5 runs in what, 30 seconds? Score is 6-1 Dodgers in the 3rd.

Apr 3, 2017 2:54pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

12-1 now (dodgers) bottom of 5th.  This is an ass kicking. 

Apr 3, 2017 3:27pm
dane
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: Dec 29, 2012

The only meaningful statistic is that the Red Sox are now in first place and the Yankees in last.   Life is good.

Apr 3, 2017 6:48pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Should we use this new thread, or this existing thread?

 

http://www.clippertalk.com/topic/ot-mlb-2017

Apr 3, 2017 6:55pm
MadFlabby
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 9 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Padres are tanking for draft picks and young talent.  MLB's system is so flawed.  Mid/Low market teams need 3-4 years of shit baseball in order to accumulate enough assets to compete with the big market teams.  Padres are going for a Tampa Bay/Kansas City style rebuild.  They have some young guys who can hit, pitching is trash.  I see of high scoring losses for my boys this season.  Next season will be a bit better, year after that, LOOK OUT!!

 

FUCK THE DODGERS!

Apr 3, 2017 8:47pm
htownfan
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: May 7, 2015

Take me out to the ballpark take me out to the game.........How bout them 'Stros?  I know we are going to make some noise this year.  Lot of folks picking us to win it all  3-0 shutout to start the season against the Mariners... Not bad for Keuchel........Springer and Correa both going yard,,,,,,,

You are right about it taking 3 to 4 sucky years to compete but I think we are finally here...

Apr 3, 2017 10:01pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

MadFlabby wrote:

Padres are tanking for draft picks and young talent.  MLB's system is so flawed.  Mid/Low market teams need 3-4 years of shit baseball in order to accumulate enough assets to compete with the big market teams.  Padres are going for a Tampa Bay/Kansas City style rebuild.  They have some young guys who can hit, pitching is trash.  I see of high scoring losses for my boys this season.  Next season will be a bit better, year after that, LOOK OUT!!

 

FUCK THE DODGERS!

 

And it's lame that the Royals could only make the playoffs for 2 years.

 

Tampa Bay has done a little better, making it 4 times in 6 years.  But since 2013, they've been down.

 

Once a team is good, it should be easier for them to stay good for a little longer.  I don't like how a team can lose most of its rotation or other good players if they all hit FA at the same time.

 

To me, I think the NBA is more dictated by GMs making good moves, while the MLB/NHL make it too easy for a good team to lose its players.  JMO.

Apr 3, 2017 11:40pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 54 min 17 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

My Braves will win the NL East... 

Apr 4, 2017 7:27am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

Should we use this new thread, or this existing thread?

 

http://www.clippertalk.com/topic/ot-mlb-2017

Whoops sorry I didn't see it. I don't care which we use. 

Apr 4, 2017 7:29am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

htownfan wrote:

Take me out to the ballpark take me out to the game.........How bout them 'Stros?  I know we are going to make some noise this year.  Lot of folks picking us to win it all  3-0 shutout to start the season against the Mariners... Not bad for Keuchel........Springer and Correa both going yard,,,,,,,

You are right about it taking 3 to 4 sucky years to compete but I think we are finally here...

I have Dallas Keuchel as one of my two starting pitches on the fantasy league this year.  Good pitcher, I hope he does great this year :)

Apr 4, 2017 9:03am
clipsentuboca
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 50 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

MadFlabby wrote:

Padres are tanking for draft picks and young talent.  MLB's system is so flawed.  Mid/Low market teams need 3-4 years of shit baseball in order to accumulate enough assets to compete with the big market teams.  Padres are going for a Tampa Bay/Kansas City style rebuild.  They have some young guys who can hit, pitching is trash.  I see of high scoring losses for my boys this season.  Next season will be a bit better, year after that, LOOK OUT!!

 

FUCK THE DODGERS!

it just sux that there really isn't even a question about whether the Pads will play competitively this season, they won't. Cinderella story is nearly impossible. And they'll probably get swept to open the year, again, just like last year.

and whole heartedly agree with the last sentiment! Screw Chavez Latrine, that dumphole.

 

Apr 4, 2017 9:50am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Go Dodgers! :)

Apr 4, 2017 9:51am
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 44 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015
Go The The Angels Angels of Anaheim.
Apr 4, 2017 10:23am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Clipps wrote:
Go The The Angels Angels of Anaheim.

 

Why don't they seem to develop better pitching talent?

Apr 4, 2017 10:27am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Reposting some good posts.

 

​Apr 14, 2016 7:19am dane wrote:

Why is that sad?  They're fans.  I hear there are Clippers fans who believe LAC has a chance against the Warriors.  Last year, there were fans here who thought they would beat Houston once up 3-1.  Is that also sad?  (well ... I suppose it is).    Besides, it's the first week of baseball season--the time for Hope and Delusion.

 

​May 3, 2016 5:51am dane wrote:

CF611--  But it's not the same thing, is it?   Catastrophic injuries to two of the top three players?   As to your main point:  blessedly,baseball season is starting--  for mental health, no sport is better, since no single game means enough to get all worked up over.

 

 

Apr 4, 2017 2:04pm
Clippers1121
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Nov 15, 2011

Our Angels had Nolasco as the starter on opening night.  Our pitching must be terrible this year.  Too bad we are wasting Trout in his prime.  Hopefully, Pujols is healthy enough to give us some offense and protect Trout.  Still no deal between DirecTV and the station carrying the Dodgers so I will not be seeing much of them this season.

Apr 4, 2017 4:07pm
htownfan
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: May 7, 2015

Mistwell wrote:

htownfan wrote:

Take me out to the ballpark take me out to the game.........How bout them 'Stros?  I know we are going to make some noise this year.  Lot of folks picking us to win it all  3-0 shutout to start the season against the Mariners... Not bad for Keuchel........Springer and Correa both going yard,,,,,,,

You are right about it taking 3 to 4 sucky years to compete but I think we are finally here...

I have Dallas Keuchel as one of my two starting pitches on the fantasy league this year.  Good pitcher, I hope he does great this year :)

Yes it would be nice for him to get back to Cy Young level but they say Lance McCullers has a higher ceiling.....

Apr 4, 2017 5:53pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 19 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

htownfan wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

htownfan wrote:

Take me out to the ballpark take me out to the game.........How bout them 'Stros?  I know we are going to make some noise this year.  Lot of folks picking us to win it all  3-0 shutout to start the season against the Mariners... Not bad for Keuchel........Springer and Correa both going yard,,,,,,,

You are right about it taking 3 to 4 sucky years to compete but I think we are finally here...

I have Dallas Keuchel as one of my two starting pitches on the fantasy league this year.  Good pitcher, I hope he does great this year :)

Yes it would be nice for him to get back to Cy Young level but they say Lance McCullers has a higher ceiling.....

 

It seemed like it took forever for the Astros to get good, but getting those high picks for a few years straight in the right drafts can def flip things with the cost controlled contracts. The Angels were run so horribly giving big contracts to old guys that they're pretty dead. It'd be a shame but they almost should see what Trout could get them. Their staff is just so ugly, hopefully there are some young guys coming up that will be good soon. 

Apr 5, 2017 10:36am
Jimbo
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 5 days ago
Joined: Dec 3, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

Clipps wrote:
Go The The Angels Angels of Anaheim.

 

Why don't they seem to develop better pitching talent?

They have developed some really good arms over the years. In the last few years, however they have been very fragile. I'm hoping that Richards, Skaggs, and Shoemaker can stay healthy. If so, they will have a very competitive team.

 

Apr 5, 2017 12:25pm
pro100
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 49 min ago
Joined: Jan 17, 2012

 I'm pissed. I have Direct TV and still can't watch the Dodgers.. These guys started a new Dodger Channel just went America is starting to cut the cord. Really smart

Apr 5, 2017 12:50pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Blame the Lakers for no Dodgers on DirectTV. I'm serious, that's the number one reason DirectTV gives for not paying TWC for the Dodgers channel - they got burned on the Lakers deal and won't get burned again. That suit got settled by the way.

Apr 5, 2017 1:25pm
MadFlabby
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 9 hours ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Dodgers channel is bullshit.  I'm in Paso Robles 200 miles from Downtown LA and Dodgers vs Padres was blacked out on MLB.TV and they aren't carried on DISH or Charter.

 

 

Apr 5, 2017 2:24pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 44 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

Clipps wrote:
Go The The Angels Angels of Anaheim.

I don't know. I don't follow baseball as close as I follow basketball and football. I grew up in OC though so the Angels have always been my baseball team. I watched them a lot back during the Tim Salmon, Garret Anderson and Percival days. The Angels have not been that fun to follow anymore since Arte took over. The Angels used to be that low key childhood feel good story team, especially when they won the WS but that same childhood magic isn't there anymore, even a few years ago when the Angels had the best record in baseball. On a side note, being a Clippers and Chargers fan, it's nice being able to pull the Championship card once in a while with the Angels. That 2002 WS was definitely more epic than the Cubs for sure. Just because the Cubs finally won for the first time in 100 years, it's a bigger deal than any other WS win from other teams. Cubs are becoming the new Red Sox.

Edit: lol I meant to quote the post about the Angels pitching, not my own post
Apr 6, 2017 1:51pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

MadFlabby wrote:

Dodgers channel is bullshit.  I'm in Paso Robles 200 miles from Downtown LA and Dodgers vs Padres was blacked out on MLB.TV and they aren't carried on DISH or Charter.

 

 

Time for a VPN

Apr 12, 2017 6:53am
dane
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: Dec 29, 2012

Yankees under .500; Cardinals 2-6; and, thanks to modern technology, the sound of RS announcers fills the air even 3000 miles away.   Life (or at least this small segment of it) is good.

Apr 12, 2017 11:47am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

dane wrote:

Yankees under .500; Cardinals 2-6; and, thanks to modern technology, the sound of RS announcers fills the air even 3000 miles away.   Life (or at least this small segment of it) is good.

 

Apr 12, 2017 11:51am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

I've heard this for several years, and I'm agreeing with it.  MLB is the sport where you can see something new in many games.

 

Either because of the play sequence, or something.

 

That Molina clip (you're not supposed to have foreign substances) is another one.

 

During the 2006 WS, the Cardinals caught Tigers SP Kenny Rogers with pine tar.

 

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/playoffs/2006-10-23-rogers-folo-cards_x.htm

 

But Cardinals manager Tony LaRussa didn't want to have Rogers ejected.  He didn't want to win that way, I guess.  

 

Detroit ended up winning 3-1, their only win of the series.

Apr 15, 2017 10:37am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Happy Jackie Robinson Day.

Apr 15, 2017 11:33am
dane
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: Dec 29, 2012

nuraman00 wrote:

Happy Jackie Robinson Day.

  As a RS fan, I cringe, remembering that even when I followed them as a kid, they were all white (first plack player--Pumpsie Green in 1959).  Were they not the last major league team in sports (I exclude hockey) to be integrated? (I exclude also that football team from Washington DC, which, when forced by the league to integrate, immediately traded the player they were forced to draft for another black player, apparently out of spite.)

Apr 15, 2017 1:23pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

dane wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Happy Jackie Robinson Day.

  As a RS fan, I cringe, remembering that even when I followed them as a kid, they were all white (first plack player--Pumpsie Green in 1959).  Were they not the last major league team in sports (I exclude hockey) to be integrated? (I exclude also that football team from Washington DC, which, when forced by the league to integrate, immediately traded the player they were forced to draft for another black player, apparently out of spite.)

 

You are right, more than a year later after the penultimate team, Detroit.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_first_black_Major_League_Baseball_players_by_team

 

Ford Frick was the commissioner during this era.  What was he like?

 

Thanks for the lesson about that football team.

Apr 15, 2017 1:38pm
dane
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: Dec 29, 2012

They drafted Ernie Davis, a great running back, who died (I think of leukemia) before he could play a game.   They immediately traded him for ... damn, the name escapes me ... a running back who was in the same backfield with Jim Brown of Cleveland.  Bobbie Mitchell?   Good to see their pos  owner still maintaining (in his own way) this fine tradition.

Apr 15, 2017 2:19pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

dane wrote:

They drafted Ernie Davis, a great running back, who died (I think of leukemia) before he could play a game.   They immediately traded him for ... damn, the name escapes me ... a running back who was in the same backfield with Jim Brown of Cleveland.  Bobbie Mitchell?   Good to see their pos  owner still maintaining (in his own way) this fine tradition.

 

That's terrible.

 

That football team should just change their name to "Braves" or "Indians" or something.

May 21, 2017 2:58pm
Jimbo
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 5 days ago
Joined: Dec 3, 2011

Jimbo wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Clipps wrote:
Go The The Angels Angels of Anaheim.

 

Why don't they seem to develop better pitching talent?

They have developed some really good arms over the years. In the last few years, however they have been very fragile. I'm hoping that Richards, Skaggs, and Shoemaker can stay healthy. If so, they will have a very competitive team.

 

This year is a perfect example of the injuries on the Angels starting staff. They are currently ranked ninth in baseball for ERA for their starters. Their best arms are on DL. They are Garrett Richards, Andrew Heaney, Tyler Skaggs and Nick Tropeano. Of the four listed, three came up from the Angels minors league system and the forth came in a trade that sent out their home grown second baseman.    

May 21, 2017 4:35pm
htownfan
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: May 7, 2015

Even though we have a 3 game losing streak....How about them Stros!!!!  Best record in baseball..

May 21, 2017 5:04pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 19 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Jimbo wrote:

Jimbo wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Clipps wrote:
Go The The Angels Angels of Anaheim.

 

Why don't they seem to develop better pitching talent?

They have developed some really good arms over the years. In the last few years, however they have been very fragile. I'm hoping that Richards, Skaggs, and Shoemaker can stay healthy. If so, they will have a very competitive team.

 

This year is a perfect example of the injuries on the Angels starting staff. They are currently ranked ninth in baseball for ERA for their starters. Their best arms are on DL. They are Garrett Richards, Andrew Heaney, Tyler Skaggs and Nick Tropeano. Of the four listed, three came up from the Angels minors league system and the forth came in a trade that sent out their home grown second baseman.    

 

Those guys are ok, but they aren't exactly top of the line starting pitchers, they're more end of the rotation type arms. The Angels staff is very weak overall injuries or not

Jun 25, 2017 7:36pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Went to the Dodgers game today and had a blast.  It was girl scouts day and my daughter got to walk the field with the other scouts while we watched from the stands.  Had good seats, under shade.  Really good game.  Dodgers beat Rockies 12 to 6 to sweep them in the three game series.  It was touch and go for a lot of it and Dodgers were behind for more than half the game.  Then a series of wild pitches blew the lead for the Rockies and the Dodgers rookie hit two home runs! Great time was had by all, and we stayed until the end. 

There is a Clippers fan Dodgers game package coming up by the way that they were advertising.  

Jun 25, 2017 8:34pm
htownfan
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: May 7, 2015

Mistwell wrote:

Went to the Dodgers game today and had a blast.  It was girl scouts day and my daughter got to walk the field with the other scouts while we watched from the stands.  Had good seats, under shade.  Really good game.  Dodgers beat Rockies 12 to 6 to sweep them in the three game series.  It was touch and go for a lot of it and Dodgers were behind for more than half the game.  Then a series of wild pitches blew the lead for the Rockies and the Dodgers rookie hit two home runs! Great time was had by all, and we stayed until the end. 

There is a Clippers fan Dodgers game package coming up by the way that they were advertising.  

Dodgers are straight ballin in the National League with that 10 game winning streak and 16 of 17...Right on our tails for the best record in baseball.....As soon as we get our starting pitching back in the rotation we should be good though......

Jun 25, 2017 9:45pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

We got there at 10:30, game started at 1, and the game got out past 5:30. It FELT like a long game, but I didn't know until we got home that it turned out to be, "the longest nine-inning game in the history of Dodger Stadium, which opened in 1962."

There were quite a few other history making things about this odd game as well. Like "The Dodgers scored five runs on wild pitches, a record since at least 1920. The two teams combined to throw eight wild pitches — the most in a single game since 1913, according to Stats LLC.". In addition, "In the span of a six-pitch at-bat that ended with Grandal striking out on an Adam Ottavino breaking ball, three runs crossed the plate, two on a single wild pitch, giving the Dodgers the lead and Grandal what had to be the most productive out in baseball history."

Jun 26, 2017 7:51pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 54 min 17 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

Lets see how the Dodgers do in October.. W only Kershaw being there stud pitcher, they will struggle to make it to WS. But will see.

Jun 27, 2017 3:15am
dane
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: Dec 29, 2012

How come this thread doesn't have more stuff about MY team????     --rsoxfan

 

Jun 27, 2017 11:15am
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 19 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

dane wrote:

How come this thread doesn't have more stuff about MY team????     --rsoxfan

 

 

Why must you always bring it back to being about YOUR team?

Jun 27, 2017 11:47am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

dane wrote:

How come this thread doesn't have more stuff about MY team????     --rsoxfan

 

 

Because you have to provide your updates.

 

All I can do is ask (like I did about the NHL).

 

You have to be active in telling us interesting things.

 

I disliked David Price's reasoning for signing with the Red Sox.  He said he wanted to stay in the AL East because he was more comfortable there.  To me, that's a flag.  A pitcher should feel comfortable going against any team, as long as he likes the catcher and pitching coaches to help come up with a game plan.  

 

Plus, in the playoffs, there will be teams from other divisions, and eventually NL teams too.  They also do play enough non AL East teams too, for him to need to be prepared.

 

I hope he can figure it out.  I liked him during the 2008 playoffs, when he was Tampa Bay's emerging closer.  It was fun to watch that Tampa Bay team in those playoffs.

 

To me, I would have been more comfortable with Price signing with Boston had he said he liked the money and his teammates.  That's a better answer in terms of evaluating his confidence level than him choosing the Red Sox only because the opponents were more familiar to him.

Jun 27, 2017 11:48am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Hitnrun24 wrote:

Why must you always bring it back to being about YOUR team?

 

I rarely see MLB posts by you.  Good to see you in here.

 

If you do follow the MLB, how come you don't play in our fantasy league?

Jun 27, 2017 12:46pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Warning:  Sports mixed with Politics article ahead.

 

++++++++++++

 

Cardinals receive criticism for inviting Lance Berkman to “Christian Day”

It’s one thing to allow two different groups to have their own themed events at the ballpark; it’s another to invite a public figure who actively denounces members of other groups. For a silly hypothetical example, let’s say the Cardinals will also host Cats Night and Dogs Night. Both can peacefully coexist. But if the Dogs invite a figure who’s incredibly anti-Cat and questions the Cats’ right to exist in public, then the Cats don’t feel included and supported even if they’re given their own themed night. The Cardinals are a business, and in going through with inviting Berkman, they are risking alienating the section of their fan base that also intersects with LGBTQ. They have every right to continue to invite Berkman, but fans also have every right to speak with their wallets by not showing up at the ballpark and buying merchandise. Is it worth it? I guess we’ll find out.

Jun 27, 2017 3:12pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 19 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

Hitnrun24 wrote:

Why must you always bring it back to being about YOUR team?

 

I rarely see MLB posts by you.  Good to see you in here.

 

If you do follow the MLB, how come you don't play in our fantasy league?

 

I'm not sure, I already do 2 fantasy mlb leagues which is handful enough though. I do like it, but I follow NBA and NFL closer than MLB

Jun 27, 2017 3:34pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Hitnrun24 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Hitnrun24 wrote:

Why must you always bring it back to being about YOUR team?

 

I rarely see MLB posts by you.  Good to see you in here.

 

If you do follow the MLB, how come you don't play in our fantasy league?

 

I'm not sure, I already do 2 fantasy mlb leagues which is handful enough though. I do like it, but I follow NBA and NFL closer than MLB

 

I agree, 2 MLB leagues is enough.  1 is enough.

 

I did 5 NBA leagues for several years, have done 3 the past few years.

 

But I've never wanted to do more than 1 MLB league.  The larger roster size of MLB + games every day + weather delays + pitchers getting scratched + players going on the bereavement or paternity leave makes it require a lot more attention.

Jul 9, 2017 1:38pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011
Jul 9, 2017 2:28pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011
Jul 10, 2017 4:58am
dane
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: Dec 29, 2012

Went to a double-A game the other night-- my kind of baseball:   30 hits, and the pitcher on a 20-second clock (which CANNOT be introduced to MLB fast enough!!).   Red Sox affiliate won in the last of the 9th, 8-7, on an infield hit, hit batsman, walk, and walk-off grand slam.  Sat in the second row in $8 seats eating fried dough.    Baseball as it should be!   

Jul 10, 2017 7:05am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Astros just beat Blue Jays 19 to 1. They're really the only serious competition to the Dodgers right now (and a different league so only a world series threat). Dodgers have won 61 games to their 60.

Jul 10, 2017 8:40am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 30 min 3 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

dane wrote:

Went to a double-A game the other night-- my kind of baseball:   30 hits, and the pitcher on a 20-second clock (which CANNOT be introduced to MLB fast enough!!).   Red Sox affiliate won in the last of the 9th, 8-7, on an infield hit, hit batsman, walk, and walk-off grand slam.  Sat in the second row in $8 seats eating fried dough.    Baseball as it should be!   

 

What is fried dough?

 

30 hits is too many for me.  Bad pitching.  Get somebody out, please.

 

How many walks in the game?

 

Thanks for sharing.