Mike Smith Out, Bruce Bowen In

124 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sep 22, 2017 2:39pm
tullabye
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 24 min ago
Joined: Nov 11, 2011
trapp76 wrote:

tullabye wrote:
Olowokandi34 wrote:

Bruce Bowen cmon now.  Should have been don mclean

Unfortunately this smells a bit like a "diversity" move. and if that's the case that wouldn't work.

Wow, you are really a giant douchebag.

For a guy that tries to convey such a tough guy persona, you're so fucking fragile.
Sep 22, 2017 2:46pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

tullabye wrote:
trapp76 wrote:

tullabye wrote:
Olowokandi34 wrote:

Bruce Bowen cmon now.  Should have been don mclean

Unfortunately this smells a bit like a "diversity" move. and if that's the case that wouldn't work.

Wow, you are really a giant douchebag.

For a guy that tries to convey such a tough guy persona, you're so fucking fragile.

On social justice warrior issues, he's about as fragile as they come. Good thing you didn't call him a pussy, he'd be shouting about misogyny for using that word. 


Sep 22, 2017 3:38pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 36 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

tullabye wrote:
trapp76 wrote:

tullabye wrote:
Olowokandi34 wrote:

Bruce Bowen cmon now.  Should have been don mclean

Unfortunately this smells a bit like a "diversity" move. and if that's the case that wouldn't work.

Wow, you are really a giant douchebag.

For a guy that tries to convey such a tough guy persona, you're so fucking fragile.

On social justice warrior issues, he's about as fragile as they come. Good thing you didn't call him a pussy, he'd be shouting about misogyny for using that word. 


 

Not sure if you meant it literally.  He's used it before, 9 times on here.  (The results will show more because sometimes he's quoted someone else using that word, and that result is also returned when doing the search results.)

 

 

Sep 22, 2017 3:44pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

tullabye wrote:
trapp76 wrote:

tullabye wrote:
Olowokandi34 wrote:

Bruce Bowen cmon now.  Should have been don mclean

Unfortunately this smells a bit like a "diversity" move. and if that's the case that wouldn't work.

Wow, you are really a giant douchebag.

For a guy that tries to convey such a tough guy persona, you're so fucking fragile.

On social justice warrior issues, he's about as fragile as they come. Good thing you didn't call him a pussy, he'd be shouting about misogyny for using that word. 


 

 

Not sure if you meant it literally.  He's used it before, 9 times on here.  (The results will show more because sometimes he's quoted someone else using that word, and that result is also returned when doing the search results.)

 

 

On no, the rules don't apply to HIM of course! Just to others, as usual. :)

Sep 22, 2017 3:48pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 36 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

tullabye wrote:
trapp76 wrote:

tullabye wrote:
Olowokandi34 wrote:

Bruce Bowen cmon now.  Should have been don mclean

Unfortunately this smells a bit like a "diversity" move. and if that's the case that wouldn't work.

Wow, you are really a giant douchebag.

For a guy that tries to convey such a tough guy persona, you're so fucking fragile.

On social justice warrior issues, he's about as fragile as they come. Good thing you didn't call him a pussy, he'd be shouting about misogyny for using that word. 


 

 

Not sure if you meant it literally.  He's used it before, 9 times on here.  (The results will show more because sometimes he's quoted someone else using that word, and that result is also returned when doing the search results.)

 

 

On no, the rules don't apply to HIM of course! Just to others, as usual. :)

 

He's never complained about others using that word.

 

Also, your gift of posting is being under-utilzed in this thread.

 

I think you'd be more appreciated if you posted your thoughts about Curb Your Enthusiasm (since you said a few years ago you were catching up) or about Halt And Catch Fire or about Better Call Saul.

 

Or even any funny Pipe and Skype stories.

 

Elongating fights is not a good use of your gift.

Sep 22, 2017 4:16pm
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 5 min ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013

Trapp calling anyone else a "giant douchebag" is hilarious! Get a clue, dude!

Sep 22, 2017 4:40pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 49 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

Lol, this reminds me when I asked Mistwill if he wanted to fight. I felt like a real tough guy that day. 

Sep 22, 2017 4:59pm
pro100
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 21 min ago
Joined: Jan 17, 2012

Damn no more Mike Smith??

Sep 25, 2017 10:06am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 18 hours ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

tullabye wrote:
trapp76 wrote:

tullabye wrote:
Olowokandi34 wrote:

Bruce Bowen cmon now.  Should have been don mclean

Unfortunately this smells a bit like a "diversity" move. and if that's the case that wouldn't work.

Wow, you are really a giant douchebag.

For a guy that tries to convey such a tough guy persona, you're so fucking fragile.

How does calling you a douchebag convey any sort of fragility? I just call it like I see it. You're a giant douchebag.

Sep 25, 2017 10:24am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

You took offense, and now you're taking offense over being called out for taking offense. 

Sep 25, 2017 12:03pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 36 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

You took offense, and now you're taking offense over being called out for taking offense. 

 

Good post.

Mistwell wrote:

You took offense, and now you're taking offense over being called out for taking offense. 

 

I think trapp76 took offense at tullabye's statement and what tullabye meant about the broadcasting change decision.

 

I don't think trapp76 took offense personally.

 

Also, I don't know if he's "taking offense over being called out", I think he's asking a question as to why tullabye said he's fragile.

 

In order for trapp76 to take offense, I think he'd have to understand why tullabye said that.

 

For example, sometimes someone can think the other person isn't being fair, but they at least understand what they meant by the comment.

 

In this case, the discussion hasn't gotten there because of the open question as to why tullabye used the F word.

 

Sep 25, 2017 12:05pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

You make trash talking less fun. 

Sep 25, 2017 12:17pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 36 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

You make trash talking less fun. 

 

I gave you the "good post".  I recognized the talent it took to come up with that sentence.

Sep 25, 2017 1:41pm
gilp5
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 44 min ago
Joined: Dec 5, 2011

Does anything think that Mike Smith's ouster had anything to do with his spat last year with DJ? He called out DJ for a couple games and DJ was super fragile and pissed about it.

Sep 25, 2017 1:50pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 36 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

gilp5 wrote:

Does anything think that Mike Smith's ouster had anything to do with his spat last year with DJ? He called out DJ for a couple games and DJ was super fragile and pissed about it.

 

I don't remember this.

 

https://clipperholics.com/2017/02/09/morning-deandre-jordan-blake-griffin-get-clippers-back-winning-ways/

 

http://www.12up.com/posts/4545223-video-deandre-jordan-has-hilarious-comment-for-clippers-announcer

 

I'll watch these videos later.

 

I also need to watch Olowokandi34's video clip.

Sep 25, 2017 2:26pm
gilp5
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 44 min ago
Joined: Dec 5, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

gilp5 wrote:

Does anything think that Mike Smith's ouster had anything to do with his spat last year with DJ? He called out DJ for a couple games and DJ was super fragile and pissed about it.

 

I don't remember this.

 

https://clipperholics.com/2017/02/09/morning-deandre-jordan-blake-griffin-get-clippers-back-winning-ways/

 

http://www.12up.com/posts/4545223-video-deandre-jordan-has-hilarious-comment-for-clippers-announcer

 

I'll watch these videos later.

 

I also need to watch Olowokandi34's video clip.

Yep that's it. Curious if it played a role.

Sep 25, 2017 2:47pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 36 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

I've only heard Bowen a little bit from ESPN, as a broadcaster, but I don't think he'd hold back either if he think someone warrants criticism.

Sep 25, 2017 2:48pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

gilp5 wrote:

Does anything think that Mike Smith's ouster had anything to do with his spat last year with DJ? He called out DJ for a couple games and DJ was super fragile and pissed about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hrqZjw6mUY

Sep 25, 2017 3:19pm
Jimbo
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 15 min ago
Joined: Dec 3, 2011

trapp76 wrote:

Kerley wrote:

The rumor is that Clippers wanted Reggie Miller, but he was unavailable for that many games (thank god). 

There is also some speculating that Ralph is wanting to retire and replacing both of them would be hard to do in the same season. My guess is that Sieman comes on next year with Bruce. 

I like the move. It seems like slowly but surely Ballmer is making moves and thinking about every aspect. 

No Ralph needs to stay forever.

Bingo!!

 

Sep 25, 2017 3:21pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Jimbo wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

Kerley wrote:

The rumor is that Clippers wanted Reggie Miller, but he was unavailable for that many games (thank god). 

There is also some speculating that Ralph is wanting to retire and replacing both of them would be hard to do in the same season. My guess is that Sieman comes on next year with Bruce. 

I like the move. It seems like slowly but surely Ballmer is making moves and thinking about every aspect. 

No Ralph needs to stay forever.

Bingo!!

 

So like a Weekend at Bernie's situation, 30 years from now? An older JJ Redick, who will be a broadcaster by then, should prop Ralph up, move his arms, and mimic his "Bingo!"?

Yeah OK, I can dig that.  A little morbid, but I can still appreciate the old school sense in it. :)

Sep 25, 2017 3:30pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 36 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

Jimbo wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

Kerley wrote:

The rumor is that Clippers wanted Reggie Miller, but he was unavailable for that many games (thank god). 

There is also some speculating that Ralph is wanting to retire and replacing both of them would be hard to do in the same season. My guess is that Sieman comes on next year with Bruce. 

I like the move. It seems like slowly but surely Ballmer is making moves and thinking about every aspect. 

No Ralph needs to stay forever.

Bingo!!

 

So like a Weekend at Bernie's situation, 30 years from now? An older JJ Redick, who will be a broadcaster by then, should prop Ralph up, move his arms, and mimic his "Bingo!"?

Yeah OK, I can dig that.  A little morbid, but I can still appreciate the old school sense in it. :)

 

Nov 9, 2012 11:07am Mistwell wrote:

Asst. Coach Bernie Bickerstaff will be the intermin coach starting tonight.

Let the Weekend at Bernie's jokes begin!

​Sep 23, 2015 8:10pm CorkScrew wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

They can bring Hillary's dead corpse out to run, weekend at bernie's style and her dead corpse would STILL beat whoever the republican nominee is.

 

Haha!

 

Weekend

 

This is still true below.  I added the movie after one of the above posts, several years ago.  My DVR wishlist still hasn't found it.  (It has found other movies, though).

 

Sep 24, 2015 9:27am nuraman00 wrote:

Those two Weekend at Bernies Movies have been on my DVR wishlist to record for almost a year, if not longer.  But they have never been scheduled to air since that time.

 

You'd think that a movie that's so referenced in pop culture would air once a year, preferably both.

 

Sep 25, 2017 9:22pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 18 hours ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

You took offense, and now you're taking offense over being called out for taking offense. 

Took offense? No I didn't take offense. I just pointed out stupidity.

Sep 25, 2017 11:45pm
tullabye
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 24 min ago
Joined: Nov 11, 2011
trapp76 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

You took offense, and now you're taking offense over being called out for taking offense. 

Took offense? No I didn't take offense. I just pointed out stupidity.

No need. You exude stupidity on many of your posts without even knowing it. You might try and grow up a bit and disagree without throwing out the insults and the language that you hope makes you look tough but instead just makes you look very insecure. If you insist and continue on in that vein we may have to replace the "ap" in your name with a "um" while throwing a Jr. behind it. That should do the trick.
Sep 26, 2017 2:31am
Dyce
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 20 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

A few years ago I was convinced that Mike Smith at very least was a lurker on this site, and perhaps maybe posted here.  Of course if someone came forward now no one would believe them.

Sep 26, 2017 5:01am
dane
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 17 min ago
Joined: Dec 29, 2012

Dyce wrote:

A few years ago I was convinced that Mike Smith at very least was a lurker on this site, and perhaps maybe posted here.  Of course if someone came forward now no one would believe them.

As in this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jd6OFk91d0

 

Sep 26, 2017 9:31am
Jimbo
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 15 min ago
Joined: Dec 3, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

Jimbo wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

Kerley wrote:

The rumor is that Clippers wanted Reggie Miller, but he was unavailable for that many games (thank god). 

There is also some speculating that Ralph is wanting to retire and replacing both of them would be hard to do in the same season. My guess is that Sieman comes on next year with Bruce. 

I like the move. It seems like slowly but surely Ballmer is making moves and thinking about every aspect. 

No Ralph needs to stay forever.

Bingo!!

 

So like a Weekend at Bernie's situation, 30 years from now? An older JJ Redick, who will be a broadcaster by then, should prop Ralph up, move his arms, and mimic his "Bingo!"?

Yeah OK, I can dig that.  A little morbid, but I can still appreciate the old school sense in it. :)

You're right. That is morbid. Obviously, Ralph can't stay forever. All good things come to an end. One would just love to see him stay on as long as humanly possible. 

 

Sep 26, 2017 10:01am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Jimbo wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

Jimbo wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

Kerley wrote:

The rumor is that Clippers wanted Reggie Miller, but he was unavailable for that many games (thank god). 

There is also some speculating that Ralph is wanting to retire and replacing both of them would be hard to do in the same season. My guess is that Sieman comes on next year with Bruce. 

I like the move. It seems like slowly but surely Ballmer is making moves and thinking about every aspect. 

No Ralph needs to stay forever.

Bingo!!

 

So like a Weekend at Bernie's situation, 30 years from now? An older JJ Redick, who will be a broadcaster by then, should prop Ralph up, move his arms, and mimic his "Bingo!"?

Yeah OK, I can dig that.  A little morbid, but I can still appreciate the old school sense in it. :)

You're right. That is morbid. Obviously, Ralph can't stay forever. All good things come to an end. One would just love to see him stay on as long as humanly possible. 

 

We prep for Halloween early at my house. My daughter is Wednesday Addams this year, which dragged my wife into being Morticia and myself into being Gomez. Propping up a dead body and mimicking their voice is right in line with what the Adams' would approve of. I guess it's on my mind, that kind of humor, at the moment. Sort of like how they play Wake The Dead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozs_jVp4-sA

 

Sep 26, 2017 10:48am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 18 hours ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

Wait Tullabye, don't you like Trump?

Sep 26, 2017 11:22am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

trapp76 wrote:

Wait Tullabye, don't you like Trump?

What a cowardly retort. It's like the fart joke of the internet. No substance, but gets a laugh from middle schoolers!

Sep 26, 2017 12:59pm
vicrattlehead
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: Dec 9, 2011

I remember Smith on the radio subconsciously calling a pussy foul.  I can't remember which player, but it was the other team.  It sounded something like "Blank with the pussy foul on Darius Miles."   I don't think anybody else noticed the slip up.