Kawhi wants to come to LA.

317 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jun 15, 2018 11:07am
angelfan1958
Offline
Last seen: 12 min 15 sec ago
Joined: Nov 29, 2011

Kawhi wants to come to LA.

Adrian Wojnarowski Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn · 5m Sources: So far, Leonard has expressed nothing directly to Spurs about future. Lakers and Clippers interest Leonard -- and both teams would move quickly to assemble packages to acquire Leonard. Spurs won't rush. Leonard and his camp had shown interest in $219M super max deal. Earlier tweet said preference was Lakers who can probably offer a better package. But maybe a West can pull some magic.
Jun 15, 2018 11:15am
WindsorUK
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 33 min ago
Joined: Oct 9, 2011

Tough call.

If you can move Gallinari, with the picks, then maybe.

Lakers would have to gut their team: Ingram, Kuzma, picks( obviously Deng's contract has to be included). I guess if they think they sign Lebron, maybe they take the chance.

 

Jun 15, 2018 11:43am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 4 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011
Lakers have better young players to offer. We have better draft picks and vets to offer. Gonna be an interesting bidding war. We could work a three way deal with a team that DJ wants to sign with in order to sweeten the pot, I am guessing the Spurs prob don’t want DJ. Boston is going to make a big offer as well.
Jun 15, 2018 11:44am
WindsorUK
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 33 min ago
Joined: Oct 9, 2011
Do think PG would want to play with Kawhi? I always thought George was s Clipper fan anyway?
Jun 15, 2018 11:46am
WindsorUK
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 33 min ago
Joined: Oct 9, 2011
That's my thinking-that no way PG signs with OKC and he becomes an FA. How creative would we need to be to sign George?
Jun 15, 2018 11:49am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 4 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011
Jun 15, 2018 11:52am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 4 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011
We should try to get the Mavs involved for a three way deal. DJ plus #13 to Mavs, Kawhi to Clippers, #5 + #12 and Wes Matthews expiring deal to Spurs.
Jun 15, 2018 12:06pm
gpack17
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 9 hours ago
Joined: Dec 7, 2011

The Clippers have leverage here. Look at the options on the table for the Spurs. Lakers, Clippers, Celtics, Kings. 

Lakers will have to package Deng's contract with future picks and a young player.

Kawhi supposedly states he wants to go to LA. Just how much are the kings and celtics willing to give up to get a 1 year rental. Especially when the Clippers will have the cap space to get Kawhi next season by signing him straight up and potentially more if they are able to lose Gallo.

Clippers have 2 lottery picks, gallinari, and the expiring contract of harris to play around with. Also, the clippers have a 7.2 million trade exception that could help be included in a kawhi type trade.

Jun 15, 2018 12:12pm
CorkScrew
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 38 min ago
Joined: Oct 21, 2011

 

Kawhi may want to go to LA but what leverage does he have wih the Spurs? Why would the Spurs accomodate him? Why wouldn't they pursue the best deal available for themselves anywhere, including the east or a small market team?

 

 

Jun 15, 2018 12:25pm
gpack17
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 9 hours ago
Joined: Dec 7, 2011

CorkScrew wrote:

 

Kawhi may want to go to LA but what leverage does he have wih the Spurs? Why would the Spurs accomodate him? Why wouldn't they pursue the best deal available for themselves anywhere, including the east or a small market team?

 

 

I agree with that completely. But what leverage he does have is if he is telling teams that he won't resign with them and wants to still go to LA, how great of offers are they going to get? Can they top a #12,#13, and Tobias expiring? Not sure the Celtics offer one of their young guys and more. Or anyone else.

Jun 15, 2018 12:34pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 53 min 53 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
Dj + 12th pick to Mavs for #5 and Wes Mathews. Then send Tobias, PB + 13th pick to SA for Kawhi. Then #5, Wes Mathews to OKC in a S&T for PG13
Jun 15, 2018 12:38pm
Olowokandi34
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 34 min ago
Joined: Jan 4, 2012
V-Ice wrote:
Dj + 12th pick to Mavs for #5 and Wes Mathews. Then send Tobias, PB + 13th pick to SA for Kawhi. Then #5, Wes Mathews to OKC in a S&T for PG13
Then sign LeBron and cp3
Jun 15, 2018 12:41pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 53 min 53 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
Will likely end up w Lakers
Jun 15, 2018 12:41pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 53 min 53 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
Bc john Ireland says so....
Jun 15, 2018 12:42pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

One minor advantage. I believe Pop is high on Beverley. 

Jun 15, 2018 12:46pm
gpack17
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 9 hours ago
Joined: Dec 7, 2011

Due to the Clippers not have a 1st round pick next season, they will need to get a 1st round pick in return for Kawhi, if they trade both 12 and 13. 

Jun 15, 2018 12:51pm
angelfan1958
Offline
Last seen: 12 min 15 sec ago
Joined: Nov 29, 2011

Lakers can offer more than we can. Kuzma, randle, Ingram lonzo ( 2 or 3 of those) tops what we can offer

Jun 15, 2018 12:58pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 4 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011
gpack17 wrote:

Due to the Clippers not have a 1st round pick next season, they will need to get a 1st round pick in return for Kawhi, if they trade both 12 and 13. 

Not if they make the trade official after the draft.
Jun 15, 2018 12:58pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 4 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011
angelfan1958 wrote:

Lakers can offer more than we can. Kuzma, randle, Ingram lonzo ( 2 or 3 of those) tops what we can offer

They can’t offer Randle, he is an RFA.
Jun 15, 2018 1:07pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

angelfan1958 wrote:

Lakers can offer more than we can. Kuzma, randle, Ingram lonzo ( 2 or 3 of those) tops what we can offer

They also can't offer than and maintain hope Lebron will want to go there. One reason he wants to go there is some of those players. He basically wants to play with either PG or KL *AND* Lonzo / Kuzma (likely both). I think he's expecting Ingram and Randle gone, but trading all four might well kill the Lebron idea. 

Jun 15, 2018 1:35pm
gilp5
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 48 min ago
Joined: Dec 5, 2011

Wouldn't the Spurs prefer to trade him to the east? Doesn't Philly have the best trade pieces?

Jun 15, 2018 1:37pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 29 min 39 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

gilp5 wrote:

Wouldn't the Spurs prefer to trade him to the east? Doesn't Philly have the best trade pieces?

 

Boston does, IMO.

Jun 15, 2018 1:41pm
gilp5
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 48 min ago
Joined: Dec 5, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

gilp5 wrote:

Wouldn't the Spurs prefer to trade him to the east? Doesn't Philly have the best trade pieces?

 

Boston does, IMO.

Unless there's a conspiracy and league really wants the Lakers to win again (big possibility) it would make more sense for the Spurs to send him to Boston or Philly.

Jun 15, 2018 1:41pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

It really depends on how firm he is in saying he wants to be traded to Los Angeles. He has a 2019 player option, so teams will not be willing to trade much for him if they think he wouldn't want to sign with that team. 

Jun 15, 2018 5:04pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 4 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011
Like Carmelo a few years ago, Leonard is going to dictate where he gets traded to. The Spurs are basically powerless here. If he will only sign long term with the Lakers or Clippers, then that is where they will get the best package. We need to hope that the Lakers get stupid and over-value their own assets. We should basically offer them whatever it takes to beat the Lakers offer, everything should be on the table. He is a top 3 player in his prime as long as he physically checks out.
Jun 15, 2018 6:06pm
Dyce
Offline
Last seen: 58 min 8 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
I feel like his knee issues are going to be a nagging thing the rest of his career. Do we want another injury prone star? Have we not learned our lesson yet?
Jun 15, 2018 6:07pm
OGClipsFan32
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 11 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
angelfan1958 wrote:

Lakers can offer more than we can. Kuzma, randle, Ingram lonzo ( 2 or 3 of those) tops what we can offer

You really think Pop will put up with immaturity of Kuzma? Or the circus that is BBB? I don’t think the Lakers package is better than ours. Plus, Pop has a vendetta against the entire organization. The Spurs organization is not going to be the team that makes a deal to make the Lakers relevant again. And if they do, it’s fixed.
Jun 15, 2018 6:16pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 44 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

OGClipsFan32 wrote:
angelfan1958 wrote:

Lakers can offer more than we can. Kuzma, randle, Ingram lonzo ( 2 or 3 of those) tops what we can offer

You really think Pop will put up with immaturity of Kuzma? Or the circus that is BBB? I don’t think the Lakers package is better than ours. Plus, Pop has a vendetta against the entire organization. The Spurs organization is not going to be the team that makes a deal to make the Lakers relevant again. And if they do, it’s fixed.

This. Pop does not want to help benefit the Lakers in any way, even if it means getting a time machine for Tim Duncan. Lakers are stuck in procarious situation having that BBB mess. Why on Earth would LeBron want to sign there? He doesn't want to be a babysitter for these baby Lakers. Why would he want to play for a fanbase that bashed him his entire career? The Lakers are an absolute joke. They are a fallen empire like the Dallas Cowboys. Even with Austin Rivers, the Clippers a far more stable franchise at the moment. 

Jun 15, 2018 6:26pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 4 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011
Jun 15, 2018 6:30pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

LOL oh man.

OK, cool. I'd rather him dominate in Houston than for the Lakers. 

Jun 15, 2018 6:36pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 53 min 53 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
Kawhi is going to Indiana.
Jun 15, 2018 7:02pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

V-Ice wrote:
Kawhi is going to Indiana.

Does he WANT TO SIGN with Indiana?

That's really the question here. San Antonio is acting like they have all the cards when they have almost none of them. 

Jun 15, 2018 7:08pm
Dyce
Offline
Last seen: 58 min 8 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
He'll sign with a team willing to offer him the supermax. Guaranteed money is what is driving him
Jun 15, 2018 7:38pm
babyradar01
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
Didnt I already tell you guys 2 months ago that Kawhi was coming here. My source has been saying it all along. True that he likes the Lakers as well but my source has already told me that Pop is going to ask Kawhi to at least go to the Clips because 1) no one wants to help the lakers and 2) pop doesnt like BBB and basically thinks of Lonzo and Kuzma as lotto picks...meaning lonzo showed plenty of flaws and was injured a bit and pop is afraid Kuzman may be a one hit wonder. pop isnt impressed with 1 solid season from a rook...he wants to see 2 good seasons before he gets excited
Jun 15, 2018 7:53pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 53 min 53 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
Kuzma plays no D, won’t work for POP
Jun 15, 2018 8:08pm
gilp5
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 48 min ago
Joined: Dec 5, 2011

trapp76 wrote:
Like Carmelo a few years ago, Leonard is going to dictate where he gets traded to. The Spurs are basically powerless here. If he will only sign long term with the Lakers or Clippers, then that is where they will get the best package. We need to hope that the Lakers get stupid and over-value their own assets. We should basically offer them whatever it takes to beat the Lakers offer, everything should be on the table. He is a top 3 player in his prime as long as he physically checks out.

It's not the same. You are misreading this. It's more like Paul George who could dictate a preference but Indiana sent him where they wanted. SA can send him wherever they want. A team like Philly or Boston would be happy to gamble on being able to re-sign him to a max contract.

Jun 15, 2018 8:12pm
babyradar01
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
gilp5 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:
Like Carmelo a few years ago, Leonard is going to dictate where he gets traded to. The Spurs are basically powerless here. If he will only sign long term with the Lakers or Clippers, then that is where they will get the best package. We need to hope that the Lakers get stupid and over-value their own assets. We should basically offer them whatever it takes to beat the Lakers offer, everything should be on the table. He is a top 3 player in his prime as long as he physically checks out.

It's not the same. You are misreading this. It's more like Paul George who could dictate a preference but Indiana sent him where they wanted. SA can send him wherever they want. A team like Philly or Boston would be happy to gamble on being able to re-sign him to a max contract.

yeah im sure boston or Philly will be dying to make that gamble considering OKC gave up a young all star (and more) for paul george, only to see their gamble fly back in their face when he doesnt resign and goes to the lakers.
Jun 15, 2018 8:12pm
babyradar01
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
gilp5 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:
Like Carmelo a few years ago, Leonard is going to dictate where he gets traded to. The Spurs are basically powerless here. If he will only sign long term with the Lakers or Clippers, then that is where they will get the best package. We need to hope that the Lakers get stupid and over-value their own assets. We should basically offer them whatever it takes to beat the Lakers offer, everything should be on the table. He is a top 3 player in his prime as long as he physically checks out.

It's not the same. You are misreading this. It's more like Paul George who could dictate a preference but Indiana sent him where they wanted. SA can send him wherever they want. A team like Philly or Boston would be happy to gamble on being able to re-sign him to a max contract.

yeah im sure boston or Philly will be dying to make that gamble considering OKC gave up a young all star (and more) for paul george, only to see their gamble fly back in their face when he doesnt resign and goes to the lakers.
Jun 15, 2018 8:20pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 4 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011
gilp5 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:
Like Carmelo a few years ago, Leonard is going to dictate where he gets traded to. The Spurs are basically powerless here. If he will only sign long term with the Lakers or Clippers, then that is where they will get the best package. We need to hope that the Lakers get stupid and over-value their own assets. We should basically offer them whatever it takes to beat the Lakers offer, everything should be on the table. He is a top 3 player in his prime as long as he physically checks out.

It's not the same. You are misreading this. It's more like Paul George who could dictate a preference but Indiana sent him where they wanted. SA can send him wherever they want. A team like Philly or Boston would be happy to gamble on being able to re-sign him to a max contract.

I don’t think George was very vocal about who he would or wouldn’t re-sign with. Even now he still seems vague on it.
Jun 15, 2018 8:25pm
gilp5
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 48 min ago
Joined: Dec 5, 2011

babyradar01 wrote:
gilp5 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:
Like Carmelo a few years ago, Leonard is going to dictate where he gets traded to. The Spurs are basically powerless here. If he will only sign long term with the Lakers or Clippers, then that is where they will get the best package. We need to hope that the Lakers get stupid and over-value their own assets. We should basically offer them whatever it takes to beat the Lakers offer, everything should be on the table. He is a top 3 player in his prime as long as he physically checks out.

It's not the same. You are misreading this. It's more like Paul George who could dictate a preference but Indiana sent him where they wanted. SA can send him wherever they want. A team like Philly or Boston would be happy to gamble on being able to re-sign him to a max contract.

yeah im sure boston or Philly will be dying to make that gamble considering OKC gave up a young all star (and more) for paul george, only to see their gamble fly back in their face when he doesnt resign and goes to the lakers.

According to Mark Stein today George is likely to re-sign with OKC. You don't think Boston and Philly will put together better trade packages than the Lakers? I think they will.

Jun 15, 2018 8:30pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 4 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011
Dyce wrote:
I feel like his knee issues are going to be a nagging thing the rest of his career. Do we want another injury prone star? Have we not learned our lesson yet?
I would trust the medical staff to know if he was worth trading for or not.
Jun 15, 2018 8:33pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 4 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011
gilp5 wrote:

babyradar01 wrote:
gilp5 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:
Like Carmelo a few years ago, Leonard is going to dictate where he gets traded to. The Spurs are basically powerless here. If he will only sign long term with the Lakers or Clippers, then that is where they will get the best package. We need to hope that the Lakers get stupid and over-value their own assets. We should basically offer them whatever it takes to beat the Lakers offer, everything should be on the table. He is a top 3 player in his prime as long as he physically checks out.

It's not the same. You are misreading this. It's more like Paul George who could dictate a preference but Indiana sent him where they wanted. SA can send him wherever they want. A team like Philly or Boston would be happy to gamble on being able to re-sign him to a max contract.

yeah im sure boston or Philly will be dying to make that gamble considering OKC gave up a young all star (and more) for paul george, only to see their gamble fly back in their face when he doesnt resign and goes to the lakers.

According to Mark Stein today George is likely to re-sign with OKC. You don't think Boston and Philly will put together better trade packages than the Lakers? I think they will.

Lakers best offer is basically Kuzma and Ingram plus Deng’s contract for salary matching. I think there are teams that can beat that. They are not gonna offer Lonzo.
Jun 15, 2018 8:37pm
gilp5
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 48 min ago
Joined: Dec 5, 2011

trapp76 wrote:
gilp5 wrote:

babyradar01 wrote:
gilp5 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:
Like Carmelo a few years ago, Leonard is going to dictate where he gets traded to. The Spurs are basically powerless here. If he will only sign long term with the Lakers or Clippers, then that is where they will get the best package. We need to hope that the Lakers get stupid and over-value their own assets. We should basically offer them whatever it takes to beat the Lakers offer, everything should be on the table. He is a top 3 player in his prime as long as he physically checks out.

It's not the same. You are misreading this. It's more like Paul George who could dictate a preference but Indiana sent him where they wanted. SA can send him wherever they want. A team like Philly or Boston would be happy to gamble on being able to re-sign him to a max contract.

yeah im sure boston or Philly will be dying to make that gamble considering OKC gave up a young all star (and more) for paul george, only to see their gamble fly back in their face when he doesnt resign and goes to the lakers.

According to Mark Stein today George is likely to re-sign with OKC. You don't think Boston and Philly will put together better trade packages than the Lakers? I think they will.

Lakers best offer is basically Kuzma and Ingram plus Deng’s contract for salary matching. I think there are teams that can beat that. They are not gonna offer Lonzo.

I agree with this. Why would SA want to take Deng? 

Jun 15, 2018 9:18pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 18 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

gilp5 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:
gilp5 wrote:

babyradar01 wrote:
gilp5 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:
Like Carmelo a few years ago, Leonard is going to dictate where he gets traded to. The Spurs are basically powerless here. If he will only sign long term with the Lakers or Clippers, then that is where they will get the best package. We need to hope that the Lakers get stupid and over-value their own assets. We should basically offer them whatever it takes to beat the Lakers offer, everything should be on the table. He is a top 3 player in his prime as long as he physically checks out.

It's not the same. You are misreading this. It's more like Paul George who could dictate a preference but Indiana sent him where they wanted. SA can send him wherever they want. A team like Philly or Boston would be happy to gamble on being able to re-sign him to a max contract.

yeah im sure boston or Philly will be dying to make that gamble considering OKC gave up a young all star (and more) for paul george, only to see their gamble fly back in their face when he doesnt resign and goes to the lakers.

According to Mark Stein today George is likely to re-sign with OKC. You don't think Boston and Philly will put together better trade packages than the Lakers? I think they will.

Lakers best offer is basically Kuzma and Ingram plus Deng’s contract for salary matching. I think there are teams that can beat that. They are not gonna offer Lonzo.

I agree with this. Why would SA want to take Deng? 

 

They may try to get a 3rd team involved, but he pretty much has to be included because they don't have the contracts to do it otherwise. "My sources" say that SA does not want Lonzo. I actually think the Lakers would trade him in this deal, but the Spurs won't be the ones taking him.

 

Ingram would be the centerpiece of any deal and it is better than any player we can give them since the cost control of his deal makes him such an attractive piece. Hopefully they just don't want to trade him to the Lakers and that helps us. 

Jun 15, 2018 9:39pm
gilp5
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 48 min ago
Joined: Dec 5, 2011

Hitnrun24 wrote:

gilp5 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:
gilp5 wrote:

babyradar01 wrote:
gilp5 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:
Like Carmelo a few years ago, Leonard is going to dictate where he gets traded to. The Spurs are basically powerless here. If he will only sign long term with the Lakers or Clippers, then that is where they will get the best package. We need to hope that the Lakers get stupid and over-value their own assets. We should basically offer them whatever it takes to beat the Lakers offer, everything should be on the table. He is a top 3 player in his prime as long as he physically checks out.

It's not the same. You are misreading this. It's more like Paul George who could dictate a preference but Indiana sent him where they wanted. SA can send him wherever they want. A team like Philly or Boston would be happy to gamble on being able to re-sign him to a max contract.

yeah im sure boston or Philly will be dying to make that gamble considering OKC gave up a young all star (and more) for paul george, only to see their gamble fly back in their face when he doesnt resign and goes to the lakers.

According to Mark Stein today George is likely to re-sign with OKC. You don't think Boston and Philly will put together better trade packages than the Lakers? I think they will.

Lakers best offer is basically Kuzma and Ingram plus Deng’s contract for salary matching. I think there are teams that can beat that. They are not gonna offer Lonzo.

I agree with this. Why would SA want to take Deng? 

 

They may try to get a 3rd team involved, but he pretty much has to be included because they don't have the contracts to do it otherwise. "My sources" say that SA does not want Lonzo. I actually think the Lakers would trade him in this deal, but the Spurs won't be the ones taking him.

 

Ingram would be the centerpiece of any deal and it is better than any player we can give them since the cost control of his deal makes him such an attractive piece. Hopefully they just don't want to trade him to the Lakers and that helps us. 

We have Beverley which would be a pretty good cost control as well. And if you're getting into bad large contracts Gallo is better than Deng. It makes no sense for SA to take Deng and nobody would want him.

Jun 16, 2018 8:50am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 4 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011
Hitnrun24 wrote:

gilp5 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:
gilp5 wrote:

babyradar01 wrote:
gilp5 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:
Like Carmelo a few years ago, Leonard is going to dictate where he gets traded to. The Spurs are basically powerless here. If he will only sign long term with the Lakers or Clippers, then that is where they will get the best package. We need to hope that the Lakers get stupid and over-value their own assets. We should basically offer them whatever it takes to beat the Lakers offer, everything should be on the table. He is a top 3 player in his prime as long as he physically checks out.

It's not the same. You are misreading this. It's more like Paul George who could dictate a preference but Indiana sent him where they wanted. SA can send him wherever they want. A team like Philly or Boston would be happy to gamble on being able to re-sign him to a max contract.

yeah im sure boston or Philly will be dying to make that gamble considering OKC gave up a young all star (and more) for paul george, only to see their gamble fly back in their face when he doesnt resign and goes to the lakers.

According to Mark Stein today George is likely to re-sign with OKC. You don't think Boston and Philly will put together better trade packages than the Lakers? I think they will.

Lakers best offer is basically Kuzma and Ingram plus Deng’s contract for salary matching. I think there are teams that can beat that. They are not gonna offer Lonzo.

I agree with this. Why would SA want to take Deng? 

 

They may try to get a 3rd team involved, but he pretty much has to be included because they don't have the contracts to do it otherwise. "My sources" say that SA does not want Lonzo. I actually think the Lakers would trade him in this deal, but the Spurs won't be the ones taking him.

 

Ingram would be the centerpiece of any deal and it is better than any player we can give them since the cost control of his deal makes him such an attractive piece. Hopefully they just don't want to trade him to the Lakers and that helps us. 

Is Ingram even that good? His numbers don’t jump out compared to someone like Ben Simmons.
Jun 16, 2018 9:13am
Dyce
Offline
Last seen: 58 min 8 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

trapp76 wrote:

Is Ingram even that good? His numbers don’t jump out compared to someone like Ben Simmons.

He looked really good in February before he went down with injury.  May have finally figured things out.  He still hasn't turned 21 yet.

Jun 16, 2018 4:27pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 18 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

It's a lot of projection and potential with Ingram still, but he flashed superstar potential on the eye test. And like Dyce said his numbers from that stretch did start to line up. Factor in his age and club control and he's easily more valuable than anything we have.

Jun 16, 2018 5:49pm
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 17 min ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013
Ingram has had a couple decent months in his career and that's it. He is overrated because his jersey says "LAKERS" on the front, just like all their young prospects.
Jun 16, 2018 6:45pm
gilp5
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 48 min ago
Joined: Dec 5, 2011

How can the Lakers beat a DJ/Beverley/12 and 13 Pics package?

Any package they send will need to include Deng, which already makes it worse than ours no matter who they include.

Jun 16, 2018 8:32pm
gpack17
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 9 hours ago
Joined: Dec 7, 2011
I do not see the lakers getting this done at all. Spurs don’t want Dengs terrible contract while they already have gasol, Aldridge, mills, parker, and greens contracts. Pop wants nothing to do with the ball family. Also I have heard that pop has a rule within the club to not make a trade with the lakers. Clips have Tobias, boban, beverly, and more as expiring and have 2 1st rounders this year that are lottery picks. It’s hard for teams to beat that. Also as part of the Stepien rule, if they trade both picks this year they need to get one in return so we would need to get that 18 pick.