Jerry West will represent the Clippers

31 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 May 11, 2018 8:45am
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 52 min 24 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

Jerry West will represent the Clippers

At the draft lottery...
May 11, 2018 11:19am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 24 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Yeah I saw Clippers announce that.

Good. 

Going to be hard for VFHS to claim anyone's a Doc Rivers puppet at this draft with West representing.

May 11, 2018 11:23am
mannycoon
Offline
Last seen: 12 min 20 sec ago
Joined: Nov 2, 2011
Has Frank done anything to show he any kind of power or authority over Doc? West is a nice consultant and public face, but its Franks whose position of power over Doc seems questionable.
May 11, 2018 11:25am
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 59 sec ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013
Mistwell wrote:

Yeah I saw Clippers announce that.

Good. 

Going to be hard for VFHS to claim anyone's a Doc Rivers puppet at this draft with West representing.

What does one have to do with the other? As long as Doc is still our coach, Ballmer and Frank are Doc enablers. It doesn't make one bit of difference who represents us at the draft lottery.
May 11, 2018 11:46am
ClipperSisyphus
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 8 min ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

As much as VFHS complains about Doc having too much power, and I agree, I would rather have this situation than some not quite franchise-worthy player trying to call the shots. CP with the Clippers and Carmelo with the Knicks are some examples. Gasol in Memphis got Tisdale fired.

May 11, 2018 11:50am
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 59 sec ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013
Doc is the coaching equivalent of Melo: an overrated, overpaid diva. Actually, he's worse because he saddled the Clippers with his son, too.
May 11, 2018 12:50pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 29 sec ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

VFHS wrote:
Doc is the coaching equivalent of Melo: an overrated, overpaid diva. Actually, he's worse because he saddled the Clippers with his son, too.

 

So, I guess you can argue Doc is the coaching equivalent of Blake.

May 11, 2018 12:54pm
ClipperSisyphus
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 8 min ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

Clipps wrote:

VFHS wrote:
Doc is the coaching equivalent of Melo: an overrated, overpaid diva. Actually, he's worse because he saddled the Clippers with his son, too.

 

So, I guess you can argue Doc is the coaching equivalent of Blake.

No. Doc actually knows his son.

May 11, 2018 12:58pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 29 sec ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

Clipps wrote:

VFHS wrote:
Doc is the coaching equivalent of Melo: an overrated, overpaid diva. Actually, he's worse because he saddled the Clippers with his son, too.

 

So, I guess you can argue Doc is the coaching equivalent of Blake.

No. Doc actually knows his son.

Dude, I was just sipping some coffee when I read that.

May 11, 2018 1:03pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 24 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

VFHS wrote:
Mistwell wrote:

Yeah I saw Clippers announce that.

Good. 

Going to be hard for VFHS to claim anyone's a Doc Rivers puppet at this draft with West representing.

What does one have to do with the other? As long as Doc is still our coach, Ballmer and Frank are Doc enablers. It doesn't make one bit of difference who represents us at the draft lottery.

If Doc represents Clippers at the draft, you claim it's proof Ballmer is Doc's puppet.

If Frank represents Clippers at the draft, you claim it's proof Ballmer is Doc's puppet.

If West represents Clippers at the draft, suddenly magically it has nothing to do with Ballmer being Doc's puppet and it doesn't make one bit of difference who represents us at the draft. 

 

This is how all conspiracy theories work. The theorist dismisses any evidence which tends to dispute their theory, and emphasizes any evidence which tends to confirm their theory. That's what you're doing. This is evidence which tends to dispute your theory, so you're dismissing it. If it had gone the other way, you would have emphasized this very same evidence. You're a hypocrite conspiracy theorist. 

May 11, 2018 1:20pm
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 59 sec ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013

Uhh, what? You're making a bunch of wild assumptions here about what I would hypothetically say in a situation that isn't happening.

Like I said, Ballmer and Frank are Doc's enablers until they prove otherwise by firing him. My opinion is based on Doc's iron-clad job security despite his continued ineptitude as a GM (former) and coach. Not on who's representing us at the lottery.

May 11, 2018 1:35pm
Clippers1121
Online
Last seen: 5 min 49 sec ago
Joined: Nov 15, 2011

Are the Pistons going to send anybody to the lottery?  Seems kind of awkward.  If they don't win it they go home with nothing.  We should trade the Pistons first round pick back to the Pistons for their first round pick next year.  That would be a smart trade.

May 11, 2018 1:40pm
SamIAm19
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 22 min ago
Joined: Jan 21, 2013

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

Clipps wrote:

VFHS wrote:
Doc is the coaching equivalent of Melo: an overrated, overpaid diva. Actually, he's worse because he saddled the Clippers with his son, too.

 

So, I guess you can argue Doc is the coaching equivalent of Blake.

No. Doc actually knows his son.

 

LMFAO WOOOOOW!!!!!!

May 11, 2018 3:25pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 24 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

VFHS wrote:

Uhh, what? You're making a bunch of wild assumptions here about what I would hypothetically say in a situation that isn't happening.

Like I said, Ballmer and Frank are Doc's enablers until they prove otherwise by firing him. My opinion is based on Doc's iron-clad job security despite his continued ineptitude as a GM (former) and coach. Not on who's representing us at the lottery.

I believe Frank represented the Clippers at the last draft. Here's what you said then, "They all play redundant positions on our roster. It feels like Doc only ever drafts point guards, shooting guards and power forwards. We're about to go into our millionth straight season without any dynamic small forwards while the rest of the league keeps stockpiling them. Despite the excitement of bringing in West, nothing's changed. This is still one of the most ineptly-run franchises in the league."

So when Frank represents the Clippers at the draft, you assume that's a sign of it's just more "Doc is bad, nothing changed, we're inept, we're doomed".

But when West represents the Clippers at the draft, it's "It doesn't make one bit of difference who represents us at the draft lottery."

Hypocracy. 

May 11, 2018 3:35pm
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 59 sec ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013
Nothing in that post you quoted had anything to do with who represented the Clippers at the lottery. In fact, we weren't even in the lottery last year, so nobody was representing us there. You're really reaching.
May 11, 2018 3:54pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 24 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

May 11, 2018 5:32pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 29 sec ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

Clipps wrote:

VFHS wrote:
Doc is the coaching equivalent of Melo: an overrated, overpaid diva. Actually, he's worse because he saddled the Clippers with his son, too.

 

So, I guess you can argue Doc is the coaching equivalent of Blake.

No. Doc actually knows his son.

bump because this was hilarious.

May 12, 2018 12:47am
Shaliq
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: Jan 23, 2012

Wow, that's great!!!

May 13, 2018 1:20pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 5 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

Nothing says "puppet" like demoting someone.

May 14, 2018 8:43am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 24 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011
May 14, 2018 1:16pm
babyradar01
Online
Last seen: 31 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

Representing us at the lottery doesn't mean shit...the only thing I care about is who is making the picks for us. Doc can have input as long as it's what Jerry wants.

May 14, 2018 4:16pm
Dyce
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 10 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
They should have sent Boban.
May 14, 2018 6:55pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 56 min 58 sec ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

I think the fact they are sending Jerry is a pretty good indication that his voice is carrying a lot of weight. He even just said the reason he left Golden St. to come here is he didn't want to just be a figurehead. He wants to have strong input on the roster and appears to have it.

May 15, 2018 10:21am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 5 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

Hitnrun24 wrote:

I think the fact they are sending Jerry is a pretty good indication that his voice is carrying a lot of weight. He even just said the reason he left Golden St. to come here is he didn't want to just be a figurehead. He wants to have strong input on the roster and appears to have it.

But I thought Ballmer was Doc's puppet???!

May 15, 2018 10:37am
JGlanton
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 31 min ago
Joined: Oct 9, 2011

The Draft Lottery Show is just a meaningless, boring, worn-out event  that the NBA uses to try to build some hype and viewership. The ping-pong balls are the ping-pong balls, regardless of the show and who shows up.  Whatever representatives are sent by teams are also meaningless, except as PR.  "Hey look at the cool guy our losing team sends out to represent us, we really don't suck so much". 

 

If they want to make the show mean something, make it into a game show where the reps have to answer questions to move up to the best draft spots. "Jerry, do you want to keep your 8th draft spot that you've won, or let it ride on the next question for a chance to move up or risk losing it all?". laugh   

Or, have a show where the reps try to win the votes of the draftees by winning their hearts through a series of basketball-related and community-related tests. You know, like how real TV shows work these days. wink  Like, they would each have to go to an urban playground and convince 3 kids to help them spend a day serving the homeless.

 

 

May 15, 2018 10:39am
Clippers1121
Online
Last seen: 5 min 49 sec ago
Joined: Nov 15, 2011

It would really help if we got a top three pick tonight.  Keep your fingers crossed.  It would really help if Detroit wins too.  They are going to suck next year and we could probably get a much higher pick next year if we don't get their pick this year.

May 15, 2018 10:44am
ClipperSisyphus
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 8 min ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

JGlanton wrote:

The Draft Lottery Show is just a meaningless, boring, worn-out event  that the NBA uses to try to build some hype and viewership. The ping-pong balls are the ping-pong balls, regardless of the show and who shows up.  Whatever representatives are sent by teams are also meaningless, except as PR.  "Hey look at the cool guy our losing team sends out to represent us, we really don't suck so much". 

 

If they want to make the show mean something, make it into a game show where the reps have to answer questions to move up to the best draft spots. "Jerry, do you want to keep your 8th draft spot that you've won, or let it ride on the next question for a chance to move up or risk losing it all?". laugh   

Or, have a show where the reps try to win the votes of the draftees by winning their hearts through a series of basketball-related and community-related tests. You know, like how real TV shows work these days. wink  Like, they would each have to go to an urban playground and convince 3 kids to help them spend a day serving the homeless.

 

 

If you think this is boring, what would you think if the NBA televises the all star game draft? How would you jazz that up?

May 15, 2018 12:01pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 24 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Clippers1121 wrote:

It would really help if we got a top three pick tonight.  Keep your fingers crossed.  It would really help if Detroit wins too.  They are going to suck next year and we could probably get a much higher pick next year if we don't get their pick this year.

Uh...if Detroit wins, they will likely do BETTER next year, not worse. That's sort of the point of winning. Do you think we'd do worse next year if our pick won?

May 15, 2018 12:22pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 11 min 24 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

Clippers1121 wrote:

It would really help if we got a top three pick tonight.  Keep your fingers crossed.  It would really help if Detroit wins too.  They are going to suck next year and we could probably get a much higher pick next year if we don't get their pick this year.

Uh...if Detroit wins, they will likely do BETTER next year, not worse. That's sort of the point of winning. Do you think we'd do worse next year if our pick won?

 

The Thunder drafted Durant, and their wins went from 31 to 20.  (Ignore the fact that they traded away Ray Allen ;)  ).

 

Further proof of what a loser Durant is.

 

The Thunder drafted Westbrook and the went from 20 to 23.  ;)

May 15, 2018 12:23pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 11 min 24 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Why don't you use your favorite target, Minnesota, and track their draft pick numbers and win totals, over the years?

May 15, 2018 12:47pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 56 min 58 sec ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

Clippers1121 wrote:

It would really help if we got a top three pick tonight.  Keep your fingers crossed.  It would really help if Detroit wins too.  They are going to suck next year and we could probably get a much higher pick next year if we don't get their pick this year.

Uh...if Detroit wins, they will likely do BETTER next year, not worse. That's sort of the point of winning. Do you think we'd do worse next year if our pick won?

 

Their pick is also top 4 protected for a few more years so we aren't likely to score on it being one of the top picks or anything. No team is too far out of making the playoffs in the East so I'd rather just take the pick this year in a strong draft then wait on it. I like who we can end up with on our picks.