I complain about the Clippers because my parents never loved me

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Apr 29, 2015 11:11am
ClipperSisyphus
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 7 min ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

I complain about the Clippers because my parents never loved me

Even when I brought home straight As, I never got an "atta boy!" or "way to go, champ!" My mother was as cold as Elsa from Frozen.

Because of this lack of affection, I now take out all of my frustration on a team that has no clue I'm alive. Rather than celebrate in their overall success, I am nitpicking why they aren't as dominant as the Jordan Bulls or Magic Lakers.

Yes, the Spurs are a worthy adversary and only a few teams are capable of beating them outright, yet we've managed to go toe-to-toe with them.

Huzzah! All hail the Clippers, new kings of LA!

[Isn't that what you wish every troll would confess?]

Apr 29, 2015 11:20am
SamIAm19
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 20 min ago
Joined: Jan 21, 2013

The media and the fans don't give a shit if we went toe-to-toe with them.  The same torment will continue....

However, this is a much better position to be in than the before time, when we would only win < 20 games.

Let's remember that.  I think our expectations are too high for this team, this is why there is unrest here.  Winning games isn't new to us anymore, but placing the bar for this team still is.

The Spurs have not played their usual basketball.  I've noticed their passing is a lot slower and off target.

Apr 29, 2015 12:47pm
MadFlabby
Offline
Last seen: 43 min 53 sec ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

We still have the richest owner in professional sports. I think the honeymoon will end and he'll put the best business people in place soon.  HE WANTS TO WIN!

Apr 29, 2015 1:06pm
ClipperSisyphus
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 7 min ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

MadFlabby wrote:

We still have the richest owner in professional sports. I think the honeymoon will end and he'll put the best business people in place soon.  HE WANTS TO WIN!

I hope he didn't spend $2 billion just to have courtside seats for first round playoffs.

Apr 29, 2015 1:52pm
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 53 sec ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013

First of all, the guy who started a "trade ideas" thread after Game 3 should not be calling out people who are down on the team's chances for being "trolls."  Kind of hypocritical, don't you think?

Secondly, there's a huuuuuuge difference between wanting to see one measly Western Conference Finals appearance in our lifetimes (not even a championship!) and expecting our team to be as dominant as the Jordan Bulls.  That's an intellectually dishonest comparison and a strawman that you're using to justify your low expectations for this franchise.

Finally, going "toe-to-toe" with the other team in the first round is an accomplishment for teams like the Bucks, who have a lot of playoff neophytes on the roster and a bright future ahead of them.  It's not an accomplishment for a veteran team who had the higher seed and HCA going into the series, wants respect as a title contender, has won 50+ games in the regular season several years in a row, and is capped out with minimal opportunity to improve outside of the nuclear option (blowing it up and starting over).

Apr 29, 2015 2:02pm
Jimbo
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 days ago
Joined: Dec 3, 2011

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

MadFlabby wrote:

We still have the richest owner in professional sports. I think the honeymoon will end and he'll put the best business people in place soon.  HE WANTS TO WIN!

I hope he didn't spend $2 billion just to have courtside seats for first round playoffs.

LMAO

Apr 29, 2015 2:38pm
ClipperSisyphus
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 7 min ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

VFHS wrote:

First of all, the guy who started a "trade ideas" thread after Game 3 should not be calling out people who are down on the team's chances for being "trolls."  Kind of hypocritical, don't you think?

Secondly, there's a huuuuuuge difference between wanting to see one measly Western Conference Finals appearance in our lifetimes (not even a championship!) and expecting our team to be as dominant as the Jordan Bulls.  That's an intellectually dishonest comparison and a strawman that you're using to justify your low expectations for this franchise.

Finally, going "toe-to-toe" with the other team in the first round is an accomplishment for teams like the Bucks, who have a lot of playoff neophytes on the roster and a bright future ahead of them.  It's not an accomplishment for a veteran team who had the higher seed and HCA going into the series, wants respect as a title contender, has won 50+ games in the regular season several years in a row, and is capped out with minimal opportunity to improve outside of the nuclear option (blowing it up and starting over).

I was actually poking fun at myself because I've been one of those negative trolls. I had to throw in that last line so my confession wouldn't be too real.

Apr 29, 2015 3:40pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 10 min 18 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

MadFlabby wrote:

We still have the richest owner in professional sports. I think the honeymoon will end and he'll put the best business people in place soon.  HE WANTS TO WIN!

I hope he didn't spend $2 billion just to have courtside seats for first round playoffs.

 

Joke Of The Week.

Apr 29, 2015 3:41pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 10 min 18 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

VFHS wrote:

First of all, the guy who started a "trade ideas" thread after Game 3 should not be calling out people who are down on the team's chances for being "trolls."  Kind of hypocritical, don't you think?

Secondly, there's a huuuuuuge difference between wanting to see one measly Western Conference Finals appearance in our lifetimes (not even a championship!) and expecting our team to be as dominant as the Jordan Bulls.  That's an intellectually dishonest comparison and a strawman that you're using to justify your low expectations for this franchise.

Finally, going "toe-to-toe" with the other team in the first round is an accomplishment for teams like the Bucks, who have a lot of playoff neophytes on the roster and a bright future ahead of them.  It's not an accomplishment for a veteran team who had the higher seed and HCA going into the series, wants respect as a title contender, has won 50+ games in the regular season several years in a row, and is capped out with minimal opportunity to improve outside of the nuclear option (blowing it up and starting over).

I was actually poking fun at myself because I've been one of those negative trolls. I had to throw in that last line so my confession wouldn't be too real.

 

What grade were you when you got straight A's?  (I'm pretending you're confessing, and not mocking a troll.)

Apr 29, 2015 7:58pm
ClipperSisyphus
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 7 min ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

VFHS wrote:

First of all, the guy who started a "trade ideas" thread after Game 3 should not be calling out people who are down on the team's chances for being "trolls."  Kind of hypocritical, don't you think?

Secondly, there's a huuuuuuge difference between wanting to see one measly Western Conference Finals appearance in our lifetimes (not even a championship!) and expecting our team to be as dominant as the Jordan Bulls.  That's an intellectually dishonest comparison and a strawman that you're using to justify your low expectations for this franchise.

Finally, going "toe-to-toe" with the other team in the first round is an accomplishment for teams like the Bucks, who have a lot of playoff neophytes on the roster and a bright future ahead of them.  It's not an accomplishment for a veteran team who had the higher seed and HCA going into the series, wants respect as a title contender, has won 50+ games in the regular season several years in a row, and is capped out with minimal opportunity to improve outside of the nuclear option (blowing it up and starting over).

I was actually poking fun at myself because I've been one of those negative trolls. I had to throw in that last line so my confession wouldn't be too real.

 

What grade were you when you got straight A's?  (I'm pretending you're confessing, and not mocking a troll.)

Plenty of times in elementary and high school. Last time I remember is sophomore year of college, but it was just Arizona State.

Apr 29, 2015 9:38pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 10 min 18 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

VFHS wrote:

First of all, the guy who started a "trade ideas" thread after Game 3 should not be calling out people who are down on the team's chances for being "trolls."  Kind of hypocritical, don't you think?

Secondly, there's a huuuuuuge difference between wanting to see one measly Western Conference Finals appearance in our lifetimes (not even a championship!) and expecting our team to be as dominant as the Jordan Bulls.  That's an intellectually dishonest comparison and a strawman that you're using to justify your low expectations for this franchise.

Finally, going "toe-to-toe" with the other team in the first round is an accomplishment for teams like the Bucks, who have a lot of playoff neophytes on the roster and a bright future ahead of them.  It's not an accomplishment for a veteran team who had the higher seed and HCA going into the series, wants respect as a title contender, has won 50+ games in the regular season several years in a row, and is capped out with minimal opportunity to improve outside of the nuclear option (blowing it up and starting over).

I was actually poking fun at myself because I've been one of those negative trolls. I had to throw in that last line so my confession wouldn't be too real.

 

What grade were you when you got straight A's?  (I'm pretending you're confessing, and not mocking a troll.)

Plenty of times in elementary and high school. Last time I remember is sophomore year of college, but it was just Arizona State.

 

Cool, thanks. 

May 2, 2017 4:25pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 10 min 18 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

MadFlabby wrote:

We still have the richest owner in professional sports. I think the honeymoon will end and he'll put the best business people in place soon.  HE WANTS TO WIN!

I hope he didn't spend $2 billion just to have courtside seats for first round playoffs.

 

Joke Of The Week.

 

The joke is still true.  :(

May 2, 2017 4:47pm
MadFlabby
Offline
Last seen: 43 min 53 sec ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

:(

Apr 13, 2018 11:13am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 10 min 18 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Jimbo wrote:

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

MadFlabby wrote:

We still have the richest owner in professional sports. I think the honeymoon will end and he'll put the best business people in place soon.  HE WANTS TO WIN!

I hope he didn't spend $2 billion just to have courtside seats for first round playoffs.

LMAO

 

Is ClipperSisyphus's joke true or false this year?

 

He won't have courtside seats for the first round of the playoffs this year . . . because the Clippers aren't in the first round of the playoffs.  

Apr 13, 2018 1:43pm
ClipsAhoy
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 22 hours ago
Joined: Jul 30, 2013

As for me, I've never expected the Clippers to be, "dominant as the Jordan Bulls or Magic Lakers."  The dominance I was demanding is like Russell's Celtics.

Apr 13, 2018 2:38pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 10 min 18 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

ClipsAhoy wrote:

As for me, I've never expected the Clippers to be, "dominant as the Jordan Bulls or Magic Lakers."  The dominance I was demanding is like Russell's Celtics.

 

Good post.

Apr 17, 2018 3:47am
Shaliq
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: Jan 23, 2012

ClipsAhoy wrote:

As for me, I've never expected the Clippers to be, "dominant as the Jordan Bulls or Magic Lakers."  The dominance I was demanding is like Russell's Celtics.

Hahahhhh! Made my day!

Apr 24, 2018 8:02am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 18 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Matt Barnes speaks about the Mentally Weak Clippers....talks about the Houston melt-down. 

Apr 26, 2018 4:03pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 10 min 18 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

Matt Barnes speaks about the Mentally Weak Clippers....talks about the Houston melt-down. 

 

It took me a while, but I figured out why this post was in this thread.

 

It's because Barnes "complained" about the Clippers, just like the title of this thread.

 

It's pretty cool that Barnes liked Redick.  I don't hear too much about what other teammates thought of him, but it's good to see one positive take.

May 9, 2018 9:29pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 55 min 52 sec ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

Matt Barnes speaks about the Mentally Weak Clippers....talks about the Houston melt-down. 

 

I'm late to this and not to jump on the guy more, but this is a huge strike against Blake. The guy needs a wake up call before his career is in the tank and he's just collecting checks against his team's will. There's no way Barnes says all that then leaves Blake off the list if it's not him. Who else would it be? Austin was too far down the totem pole at that point to really cause a team to crumble.

May 10, 2018 7:32am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 18 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

I agree he's talking about Blake. 

May 10, 2018 8:51am
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 18 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
Matt Barnes was a great teammate... even though he didn’t like Blake, he had his back...
May 10, 2018 9:24am
ClipperSisyphus
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 7 min ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

This is a pretty good interview with Matt Barnes. He talks about various players, teams and his off court ventures. He doesn't rat out anyone on the Clippers.

May 10, 2018 11:29am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 4 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

Hitnrun24 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

Matt Barnes speaks about the Mentally Weak Clippers....talks about the Houston melt-down. 

 

I'm late to this and not to jump on the guy more, but this is a huge strike against Blake. The guy needs a wake up call before his career is in the tank and he's just collecting checks against his team's will. There's no way Barnes says all that then leaves Blake off the list if it's not him. Who else would it be? Austin was too far down the totem pole at that point to really cause a team to crumble.

He's 100% right.

Blake was the real reason the lob city era never made it past the second round. It has become crystal clear after this season. Heck I just realized it myself at the tail end of last year when Blake got hurt again in the playoffs and left CP to try and carry the team on his back again (CP did it in game 6 and then ran out of juice understandably in game 7, then decided he didn't want to deal with this bullshit anymore and left for Houston where he is now in the WCF).

I used to like Blake a lot, I was fooled by him. He was the reason the lob city era started, but he was also the reason it failed.

May 10, 2018 1:21pm
SamIAm19
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 20 min ago
Joined: Jan 21, 2013

trapp76 wrote:

Hitnrun24 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

Matt Barnes speaks about the Mentally Weak Clippers....talks about the Houston melt-down. 

 

I'm late to this and not to jump on the guy more, but this is a huge strike against Blake. The guy needs a wake up call before his career is in the tank and he's just collecting checks against his team's will. There's no way Barnes says all that then leaves Blake off the list if it's not him. Who else would it be? Austin was too far down the totem pole at that point to really cause a team to crumble.

He's 100% right.

Blake was the real reason the lob city era never made it past the second round. It has become crystal clear after this season. Heck I just realized it myself at the tail end of last year when Blake got hurt again in the playoffs and left CP to try and carry the team on his back again (CP did it in game 6 and then ran out of juice understandably in game 7, then decided he didn't want to deal with this bullshit anymore and left for Houston where he is now in the WCF).

I used to like Blake a lot, I was fooled by him. He was the reason the lob city era started, but he was also the reason it failed.

 

I would put 60% of the blame on Blake, and the rest on Doc and Austin

May 10, 2018 1:29pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 4 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011
SamIAm19 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

Hitnrun24 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

Matt Barnes speaks about the Mentally Weak Clippers....talks about the Houston melt-down. 

 

I'm late to this and not to jump on the guy more, but this is a huge strike against Blake. The guy needs a wake up call before his career is in the tank and he's just collecting checks against his team's will. There's no way Barnes says all that then leaves Blake off the list if it's not him. Who else would it be? Austin was too far down the totem pole at that point to really cause a team to crumble.

He's 100% right.

Blake was the real reason the lob city era never made it past the second round. It has become crystal clear after this season. Heck I just realized it myself at the tail end of last year when Blake got hurt again in the playoffs and left CP to try and carry the team on his back again (CP did it in game 6 and then ran out of juice understandably in game 7, then decided he didn't want to deal with this bullshit anymore and left for Houston where he is now in the WCF).

I used to like Blake a lot, I was fooled by him. He was the reason the lob city era started, but he was also the reason it failed.

 

I would put 60% of the blame on Blake, and the rest on Doc and Austin

GM Doc def deserves some blame too for sure. He could have traded Blake but he didnt. Finally we woke up and did it after GM Doc was fired.
May 10, 2018 1:50pm
SamIAm19
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 20 min ago
Joined: Jan 21, 2013

trapp76 wrote:
SamIAm19 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

Hitnrun24 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

Matt Barnes speaks about the Mentally Weak Clippers....talks about the Houston melt-down. 

 

I'm late to this and not to jump on the guy more, but this is a huge strike against Blake. The guy needs a wake up call before his career is in the tank and he's just collecting checks against his team's will. There's no way Barnes says all that then leaves Blake off the list if it's not him. Who else would it be? Austin was too far down the totem pole at that point to really cause a team to crumble.

He's 100% right.

Blake was the real reason the lob city era never made it past the second round. It has become crystal clear after this season. Heck I just realized it myself at the tail end of last year when Blake got hurt again in the playoffs and left CP to try and carry the team on his back again (CP did it in game 6 and then ran out of juice understandably in game 7, then decided he didn't want to deal with this bullshit anymore and left for Houston where he is now in the WCF).

I used to like Blake a lot, I was fooled by him. He was the reason the lob city era started, but he was also the reason it failed.

 

I would put 60% of the blame on Blake, and the rest on Doc and Austin

GM Doc def deserves some blame too for sure. He could have traded Blake but he didnt. Finally we woke up and did it after GM Doc was fired.

 

Lets be serious here.... GM Doc threw away a bunch of 1st round picks, brought Austin onto the team, pick up horrible free agents, over-played Pierce... the list goes on.

And coach Doc gave too much playing time to Austin