Fantasy basketball owners: How many play?

152 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oct 19, 2015 1:59pm
Rhy1244
Offline
Last seen: 28 min 26 sec ago
Joined: Oct 8, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

Oh gotta go check that out

So did I interpret it right?  Is it a Mario level homage design team name?

It should be a table flipping thing.

Oct 19, 2015 3:30pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 44 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Rhy1244 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

Oh gotta go check that out

So did I interpret it right?  Is it a Mario level homage design team name?

It should be a table flipping thing.

You've used this before, and I didn't remember it.  I think I asked you the same thing too, and you explained it to me back then too, that it meant table flipping.  

 

I can't find the reference the the old comments, it might have been on the Yahoo fantasy posts, and not ClipperTalk.

 

Thanks.

Oct 19, 2015 4:04pm
SamIAm19
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 20 min ago
Joined: Jan 21, 2013

nuraman00 wrote:

mannycoon wrote:

We still doing the draft tonight?  To me it still seems like it might be best to delay it at least few days.

Yes.

We have an even number.

 

Are there any other concerns?

 

delay the draft or I will pull out

 

you have until 6.  im not drafting this early

Oct 19, 2015 4:07pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 44 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

SamIAm19 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

mannycoon wrote:

We still doing the draft tonight?  To me it still seems like it might be best to delay it at least few days.

Yes.

We have an even number.

 

Are there any other concerns?

 

delay the draft or I will pull out

 

you have until 6.  im not drafting this early

 

Well, I locked the teams so you wouldn't be able to leave anyways.

 

But ok, I'll see what I can move it to.

 

It doesn't seem that early to me, only 1 week before the season starts.

Oct 19, 2015 4:08pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 44 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

New time Sun Oct 25 8:30pm PDT.

Oct 19, 2015 4:10pm
SamIAm19
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 20 min ago
Joined: Jan 21, 2013

nuraman00 wrote:

SamIAm19 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

mannycoon wrote:

We still doing the draft tonight?  To me it still seems like it might be best to delay it at least few days.

Yes.

We have an even number.

 

Are there any other concerns?

 

delay the draft or I will pull out

 

you have until 6.  im not drafting this early

 

Well, I locked the teams so you wouldn't be able to leave anyways.

 

But ok, I'll see what I can move it to.

 

It doesn't seem that early to me, only 1 week before the season starts.

 

thanks,  sorry for the ultimatum, I wanted to pass out that I was serious

can we aim for Wednesday at the earliest?

Oct 19, 2015 5:45pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 44 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

SamIAm19 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

SamIAm19 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

mannycoon wrote:

We still doing the draft tonight?  To me it still seems like it might be best to delay it at least few days.

Yes.

We have an even number.

 

Are there any other concerns?

 

delay the draft or I will pull out

 

you have until 6.  im not drafting this early

 

Well, I locked the teams so you wouldn't be able to leave anyways.

 

But ok, I'll see what I can move it to.

 

It doesn't seem that early to me, only 1 week before the season starts.

 

thanks,  sorry for the ultimatum, I wanted to pass out that I was serious

can we aim for Wednesday at the earliest?

 

I posted the new draft time in  .

 

I know you're serious, but the draft time was mentioned when the league was formed 12 days ago, and the only hesitance from anyone just seemed to be if we had an even number.  There weren't many people who said they couldn't make the time, just concern whether we had an even number.

 

Which we got yesterday.

 

We've usually had our drafts about 7-10 days before the season, sometimes 3-4 days before.  So this time frame isn't unusual compared to the past.

 

And it's not like the start of the NBA season is a mystery, there's several weeks in advance time to prepare rankings.

 

I also fell asleep on my ride home, and woke up having had a nightmare.  I can't remember what the dream was about, but I think my conscious was telling me that I did a bad thing catering to someone at the last minute.

Oct 19, 2015 6:56pm
SamIAm19
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 20 min ago
Joined: Jan 21, 2013

nuraman00 wrote:

SamIAm19 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

SamIAm19 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

mannycoon wrote:

We still doing the draft tonight?  To me it still seems like it might be best to delay it at least few days.

Yes.

We have an even number.

 

Are there any other concerns?

 

delay the draft or I will pull out

 

you have until 6.  im not drafting this early

 

Well, I locked the teams so you wouldn't be able to leave anyways.

 

But ok, I'll see what I can move it to.

 

It doesn't seem that early to me, only 1 week before the season starts.

 

thanks,  sorry for the ultimatum, I wanted to pass out that I was serious

can we aim for Wednesday at the earliest?

 

I posted the new draft time in  .

 

I know you're serious, but the draft time was mentioned when the league was formed 12 days ago, and the only hesitance from anyone just seemed to be if we had an even number.  There weren't many people who said they couldn't make the time, just concern whether we had an even number.

 

Which we got yesterday.

 

We've usually had our drafts about 7-10 days before the season, sometimes 3-4 days before.  So this time frame isn't unusual compared to the past.

 

And it's not like the start of the NBA season is a mystery, there's several weeks in advance time to prepare rankings.

 

I also fell asleep on my ride home, and woke up having had a nightmare.  I can't remember what the dream was about, but I think my conscious was telling me that I did a bad thing catering to someone at the last minute.

 

K thanks, I thought the original time was going to be moved, and I didn't come across any posts with follow ups

Oct 19, 2015 7:15pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 40 min 50 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

I thought it was tonight, made arrangements to be home in time, bummed it got moved.  This is not early, this is standard. We've been doing this for how many years now?

Oct 19, 2015 7:22pm
Rhy1244
Offline
Last seen: 28 min 26 sec ago
Joined: Oct 8, 2011

...It is a little rude to move it without even a few hours notice.  

Not all members of the league are posters here.  They are all probably scratching their heads...

 

But this stuff happens....

No worries to me, because I post here, and am fine autodrafting if need be, but at least make a post on the league message board so it is more likely to be disseminated to all the people in the league.

Oct 19, 2015 10:27pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 44 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Rhy1244 wrote:

...It is a little rude to move it without even a few hours notice.  

Not all members of the league are posters here.  They are all probably scratching their heads...

 

But this stuff happens....

No worries to me, because I post here, and am fine autodrafting if need be, but at least make a post on the league message board so it is more likely to be disseminated to all the people in the league.

I'm sorry.  I handled this badly, and didn't know what the right thing to do was.  You and Mistwell are right, I inconvenienced the people who had to make arrangements to be able to draft tonight.

 

You're right, I should have posted on the league board.

 

I'll do that now, even if it's late.

 

That sick feeling I had after I did this was accurate.

Oct 19, 2015 10:52pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 40 min 50 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Not your fault Nuraman.  

Oct 20, 2015 9:26am
Rhy1244
Offline
Last seen: 28 min 26 sec ago
Joined: Oct 8, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

Rhy1244 wrote:

...It is a little rude to move it without even a few hours notice.  

Not all members of the league are posters here.  They are all probably scratching their heads...

 

But this stuff happens....

No worries to me, because I post here, and am fine autodrafting if need be, but at least make a post on the league message board so it is more likely to be disseminated to all the people in the league.

I'm sorry.  I handled this badly, and didn't know what the right thing to do was.  You and Mistwell are right, I inconvenienced the people who had to make arrangements to be able to draft tonight.

 

You're right, I should have posted on the league board.

 

I'll do that now, even if it's late.

 

That sick feeling I had after I did this was accurate.

I was just stating it for future reference. I did the same thing one year and made the league angry, so that was what I learned from when I did it.

Oct 20, 2015 9:42am
Olowokandi34
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 36 min ago
Joined: Jan 4, 2012

Anyone want to play in another league too?  We have 6 teams right now, looking to make it 10 or 12 teams.  It is on yahoo too with standard categories.

Oct 20, 2015 11:03am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 47 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

I thought it was last night too and tried to free up time, oh well.

Oct 20, 2015 11:10am
tullabye
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 39 min ago
Joined: Nov 11, 2011

I was was running late and going to have my wife choose the first couple of picks for me as I was driving home. We were on the phone and she wasn't particularly happy about it but was thrilled when she read that it had been postponed.

Oct 20, 2015 4:53pm
clipsentuboca
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 26 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

also glad for the time switch as I was twenty minutes from my house when the fifteen min calendar reminder came on. And I hadn't even studied anyone yet. New time is good, Nurm, thanks. 

F the warriors also. 

Oct 20, 2015 6:33pm
SamIAm19
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 20 min ago
Joined: Jan 21, 2013

can you guys just blame me so Nuraman feels better

Oct 21, 2015 9:29am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 47 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

It is nice to have an extra week to prepare, I have barely looked at anything.

Oct 26, 2015 9:49am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 40 min 50 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Good draft y'all.  I never did prep for it really, so it was fun to kinda wing-it during the draft itself.  Probably nets me a much worse team than doing the research, but it was fun scrambling to figure out things like "is this dude who plays on the east coast still good or did he start to suck a couple years ago and I just never noticed?"

Oct 26, 2015 11:02am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 44 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

Good draft y'all.  I never did prep for it really, so it was fun to kinda wing-it during the draft itself.  Probably nets me a much worse team than doing the research, but it was fun scrambling to figure out things like "is this dude who plays on the east coast still good or did he start to suck a couple years ago and I just never noticed?"

Who were the players that you were wondered those things about?

Oct 26, 2015 1:47pm
clipsentuboca
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 26 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Yeah, fun draft and pretty satisfied with my team. Normally draft with a lot of "gut feeling", which probably most people do. Went KD over Harden, as Durantula has some making up for lost time to do and never cared for James Harden anyhow. Tend to pick younger players as the old ones just normally decline and don't offer much upside. Have three rookies, well four if you count Julius Randle, who may or may not get thrown to the waiver wire shortly. 

Good luck all.

Oct 26, 2015 4:34pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 40 min 50 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

Good draft y'all.  I never did prep for it really, so it was fun to kinda wing-it during the draft itself.  Probably nets me a much worse team than doing the research, but it was fun scrambling to figure out things like "is this dude who plays on the east coast still good or did he start to suck a couple years ago and I just never noticed?"

Who were the players that you were wondered those things about?

I don't recall...went by too fast

Oct 9, 2016 9:37am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 44 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

2016-2017 league created.

 

It auto-renewed all managers from last year when I created the league.

 

League ID#:

  68486
League Name: Clipper Fans
Auto-renew Enabled: No
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/clipperfansfromclippertalk
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Mon Oct 17 8:00pm PDT

 

Oct 9, 2016 3:49pm
SamIAm19
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 20 min ago
Joined: Jan 21, 2013

I'm not doing it this year.  I'm going to withdraw my team.

Oct 9, 2016 4:11pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 44 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

SamIAm19 wrote:

I'm not doing it this year.  I'm going to withdraw my team.

Cool.  Any reason why?

 

Let me know when you've withdrawn it.

Oct 9, 2016 8:59pm
SamIAm19
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 20 min ago
Joined: Jan 21, 2013

nuraman00 wrote:

SamIAm19 wrote:

I'm not doing it this year.  I'm going to withdraw my team.

Cool.  Any reason why?

 

Let me know when you've withdrawn it.

 

I am boycotting fantasy basketball because Kevin Durant joined the Warriors.

 

It has now been deleted.  Thanks and good luck!

Oct 9, 2016 9:09pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 44 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

SamIAm19 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

SamIAm19 wrote:

I'm not doing it this year.  I'm going to withdraw my team.

Cool.  Any reason why?

 

Let me know when you've withdrawn it.

 

I am boycotting fantasy basketball because Kevin Durant joined the Warriors.

 

It has now been deleted.  Thanks and good luck!

 

Thanks.

Oct 10, 2016 1:46am
Griffin5
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 16 hours ago
Joined: Jul 12, 2014

nuraman00 wrote:

2016-2017 league created.

 

It auto-renewed all managers from last year when I created the league.

 

League ID#:

  68486
League Name: Clipper Fans
Auto-renew Enabled: No
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/clipperfansfromclippertalk
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Mon Oct 17 8:00pm PDT

 

I would like to try fantasay league out but I guess I would mess it up lol 

Also I don't know If I could make the draft It would be like 5am here lol

Oct 10, 2016 8:39am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 44 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Griffin5 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

2016-2017 league created.

 

It auto-renewed all managers from last year when I created the league.

 

League ID#:

  68486
League Name: Clipper Fans
Auto-renew Enabled: No
Custom League URL: http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/clipperfansfromclippertalk
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Mon Oct 17 8:00pm PDT

 

I would like to try fantasay league out but I guess I would mess it up lol 

Also I don't know If I could make the draft It would be like 5am here lol

Would making it 1 hour later make it easier for you to join a live draft?

 

Or if not, would you be ok with an auto draft?  For people who can't make it, it will autodraft.

 

I'd love to have you join too. 

 

If you're ok with either a possible autodraft, or a 6am your time draft, I'll send you an invite.  PM me our email address, or maybe you can join just by entering the league ID.