Colangelo Burner Accounts

51 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 May 30, 2018 10:27am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 53 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

Colangelo Burner Accounts

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/29/17406750/bryan-colangelo-philadelphia-76ers-twitter-joel-embiid-anonymous-markelle-fultz

This story is just amazing.

It really makes me wonder..................is VagFHS really just a Blake Griffin burner account? It's all starting to make sense now.

May 30, 2018 11:09am
angelfan1958
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 12 min ago
Joined: Nov 29, 2011

Colangelo  is out if true. Or LeBron wont consider 76ers

May 30, 2018 11:45am
ClipperSisyphus
Offline
Last seen: 39 min 20 sec ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

Who knows the real identity of several of the posters on this board. Several guys claim their "sources" when starting a rumor. One person admitted to being an insider when I took a poll several weeks ago.

I'm sure there are millions of burner accounts for people who can't speak publicly on a subject. Too bad Colangelo was outed by some AI nerd who noticed suspicious behavior on several accounts. This could be the downfall of all social media if people are going to start outing anonymous accounts.

May 30, 2018 11:58am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 53 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

This could be the downfall of all social media

Let's all hope and pray.

May 30, 2018 12:09pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Aren't forums like this social media too?

May 30, 2018 12:32pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 32 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

I think it's clear no one here is an insider unless they purposely were wrong on their inside info 95% of the time. This story is wild, would a GM really risk his job just to be able to defend himself on twitter. It's almost too dumb to be believable, does anyone really think they are changing minds to twitter trolls? It'd be funny if it turned out Hinkie set him up.

May 30, 2018 12:38pm
gpack17
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 3 hours ago
Joined: Dec 7, 2011

This totally has to be him. Some of the tweets on a couple of those accounts were live tweeting about the college games that his son plays at. Also, if you were to do forgot my password and request that it be reset, the email address' listed have the same email. 

May 30, 2018 2:33pm
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 10 min ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013
How Philly hasn't fired him yet is beyond me. Even if these accounts somehow weren't him, they were still revealing inside information on players, medical information and trades. The fact that this was being aired publicly on Twitter is at very least a sign of dysfunction in the Sixers' front office on BC's watch.
May 30, 2018 2:45pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 13 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

Not a good look for the Sixers. Maybe because of this, players become available for trades. I'd trade the kitchen sink for Embiid and/or Simmons. Those dudes are future top 5 players, even with Simmons shooting struggles.

May 30, 2018 2:52pm
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 10 min ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013
Clipps wrote:

Not a good look for the Sixers. Maybe because of this, players become available for trades. I'd trade the kitchen sink for Embiid and/or Simmons. Those dudes are future top 5 players, even with Simmons shooting struggles.

That's an overreaction. The Sterling tape was a trillion times worse than this, and CP0 and Blake didn't get traded when that came out.
May 30, 2018 3:08pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Yeah.  Players will still get paid, so even when organizations make blunders or there's turmoil, most players won't ask to be traded.

 

It would take an owner going bankrupt or something for them to demand a trade.

May 30, 2018 3:17pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 13 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

VFHS wrote:
Clipps wrote:

Not a good look for the Sixers. Maybe because of this, players become available for trades. I'd trade the kitchen sink for Embiid and/or Simmons. Those dudes are future top 5 players, even with Simmons shooting struggles.

That's an overreaction. The Sterling tape was a trillion times worse than this, and CP0 and Blake didn't get traded when that came out.

That's because news came out during the playoffs so players couldn't get traded if they wanted to and had too much pride to boycott games, especially against the hated Warriors. Sterling was swiftly taken care of in the off-season. Outside of the 80's and AI era, the Sixers history has been pretty terrible and they can't afford to have this kind of bad press. Pissing off your star players obviously doesn't look good and if they don't fire Colangelo soon, there's a high chance players start demanding trades and free agents certainly won't knock on the door to play for the Sixers, especially LeBron James.  

May 30, 2018 3:50pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Were the Warriors as hated in 2014?  I don't think they had done anything yet.

 

Meanwhile, there had been 2 intense playoffs series with the Grizzlies, in 2 years.

 

But good point, that the Sterling tapes were in the playoffs, and not in the middle of free agency, for example.

May 30, 2018 4:00pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 13 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

nuraman00 wrote:

Were the Warriors as hated in 2014?  I don't think they had done anything yet.

 

Meanwhile, there had been 2 intense playoffs series with the Grizzlies, in 2 years.

 

But good point, that the Sterling tapes were in the playoffs, and not in the middle of free agency, for example.

Ummm ya they hated eachother. They despised eachother more than any other rivalry at the time. From about 2012-2014, the Clippers/Warriors rivalry was forming into quite a bitter rivalry until the Warriors made the leap to the team they are today and the Clippers didn't. 

May 30, 2018 4:17pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

I guess I didn't get into it.  Players may have hated each other, but I didn't care.

 

A playoffs rivalry was more fun for me, like with Memphis.

 

Cousins had a problem with Griffin too back then.  Where would you rank the Sacramento-Los Angeles Clippers one, during that same time span, to you?

 

He didn't want Isaiah Thomas to shake Chris Paul's hand after the game, for example.

 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/demarcus-cousins-hand-shake-chris-paul

May 30, 2018 4:17pm
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 10 min ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013
nuraman00 wrote:

Were the Warriors as hated in 2014?  I don't think they had done anything yet.

 

Meanwhile, there had been 2 intense playoffs series with the Grizzlies, in 2 years.

 

But good point, that the Sterling tapes were in the playoffs, and not in the middle of free agency, for example.

The Warriors weren't hated yet by the average casual fans in 2014, but I definitely couldn't stand them back then. The one positive of that team becoming a juggernaut is that the rest of the NBA finally sees the douchiness of their owner, players, media, and the Laker fans in Curry jerseys they call a fanbase.
May 30, 2018 4:20pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

VFHS wrote:
nuraman00 wrote:

Were the Warriors as hated in 2014?  I don't think they had done anything yet.

 

Meanwhile, there had been 2 intense playoffs series with the Grizzlies, in 2 years.

 

But good point, that the Sterling tapes were in the playoffs, and not in the middle of free agency, for example.

The Warriors weren't hated by casual fans in 2014, but I definitely couldn't stand them back then. The one positive of that team becoming a juggernaut is that the rest of the NBA now sees the douchiness of their owner, players, media, and the Laker fans in Curry jerseys they call a fanbase.

 

I agree I didn't like the Warriors.  But that had nothing to do with the Clippers, to me.

 

I've always disliked their style of play, and their fans.  For example, I thought their fans were dumb for booing the owner during Mullin's retirement ceremony, because the owner traded away Monta Ellis.

 

It was just Monta Ellis.

 

And I disliked how they turned Baron Davis into a chucker.  Davis was more enjoyable in Charlotte and New Orleans.

 

I was rooting for Dallas over them in 2007.

 

None of these had anything to do with the Clippers, though.  It was just a matter of me not liking them, their fans.  I also hated how their media attacked David Lee.  Their media would write articles about how Ekpe Udoh was better than David Lee, because the Warriors rebounded better with Udoh on the court.

 

May 31, 2018 1:24am
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 13 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

nuraman00 wrote:

I guess I didn't get into it.  Players may have hated each other, but I didn't care.

 

A playoffs rivalry was more fun for me, like with Memphis.

 

Cousins had a problem with Griffin too back then.  Where would you rank the Sacramento-Los Angeles Clippers one, during that same time span, to you?

 

He didn't want Isaiah Thomas to shake Chris Paul's hand after the game, for example.

 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/demarcus-cousins-hand-shake-chris-paul

Very low. The Kings were sorry and the Clippers were a playoff team. I hate to say it, but it was like us back in the day calling the Lakers and Clippers a rivalry while the Lakers were competing for Championships and the Clippers were the Clippers.

May 31, 2018 8:19am
SamIAm19
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 23 min ago
Joined: Jan 21, 2013

I think 30% of the accounts here are Austin and Doc burner accounts

May 31, 2018 8:24am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 46 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

SamIAm19 wrote:

I think 30% of the accounts here are Austin and Doc burner accounts

Thanks Donald. And we wish you and the entire Sterling family a happy Memorial Day. 

:)

May 31, 2018 8:42am
SamIAm19
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 23 min ago
Joined: Jan 21, 2013

Mistwell wrote:

SamIAm19 wrote:

I think 30% of the accounts here are Austin and Doc burner accounts

Thanks Donald. And we wish you and the entire Sterling family a happy Memorial Day. 

:)

 

You're welcome Dan Woike! 

May 31, 2018 10:15am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Clipps wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

I guess I didn't get into it.  Players may have hated each other, but I didn't care.

 

A playoffs rivalry was more fun for me, like with Memphis.

 

Cousins had a problem with Griffin too back then.  Where would you rank the Sacramento-Los Angeles Clippers one, during that same time span, to you?

 

He didn't want Isaiah Thomas to shake Chris Paul's hand after the game, for example.

 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/demarcus-cousins-hand-shake-chris-paul

Very low. The Kings were sorry and the Clippers were a playoff team. I hate to say it, but it was like us back in the day calling the Lakers and Clippers a rivalry while the Lakers were competing for Championships and the Clippers were the Clippers.

 

Kings were sorry, but the Warriors still only an early round playoffs team from 2012-2014.

 

Meanwhile, Cousins had an incident with the Clippers a few times a year.  It did feel one-way though, where Cousins had a bigger problem with the Clippers, than the Clippers had with him. 

For example, Isaiah Thomas and Marcus Thornton didn't have a problem with the Clippers.

 

 But I could pull up articles about several different incidents after different games, from Cousins.

 
 
I think once he went ot New Orleans, it wasn't the same, and he focused more on meshing with the Pelicans.
 
 
To me, the best rivalries are made in the playoffs, so that's why I like the Memphis one, and there could be one with the Jazz.  Especially if you take into account the history of that 31 game regular season losing streak in Utah.  It wasn't the playoffs, but it was a part of Clippers-Jazz history.
 
I can't say Clippers-Spurs is a rivalry yet, only because the Spurs have played a lot of teams a lot of times. Spurs vs.  Dallas, Lakers, Suns, Houston, Pistons Heat would be higher up, due to the higher stakes in the playoffs, or more repeated encounters.  It could be though, if they meet a few more times in the near future.
 
 
I do also agree that Clippers-Lakers isn't as much of a rivalry, because the Lakers have played a lot of other teams with more at stake.  Portland, Phoenix, Detroit, San Antonio, Boston.
 
Actually, I have to drop the Portland one.  Portland has only won 2 series, vs. 9 for the Lakers.  Too one-sided.
 
 
I just thought of the Kings, also because I think there's more technical fouls in those Kings-Clippers games from 2012-2014, then there were in Warriors games.
 
 
But, thanks for answering with your opinion.
 
 
May 31, 2018 10:16am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

SamIAm19 wrote:

I think 30% of the accounts here are Austin and Doc burner accounts

 

Great, timely post in this thread.

May 31, 2018 11:22am
ClipperSisyphus
Offline
Last seen: 39 min 20 sec ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

It looks like Colangelo's wife was the one with the active burner accounts.

Roger Goodell's wife did the same thing and she got off with an "I'm sorry."

May 31, 2018 12:01pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011
May 31, 2018 12:10pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011
May 31, 2018 3:02pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 13 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

nuraman00 wrote:

Clipps wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

I guess I didn't get into it.  Players may have hated each other, but I didn't care.

 

A playoffs rivalry was more fun for me, like with Memphis.

 

Cousins had a problem with Griffin too back then.  Where would you rank the Sacramento-Los Angeles Clippers one, during that same time span, to you?

 

He didn't want Isaiah Thomas to shake Chris Paul's hand after the game, for example.

 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/demarcus-cousins-hand-shake-chris-paul

Very low. The Kings were sorry and the Clippers were a playoff team. I hate to say it, but it was like us back in the day calling the Lakers and Clippers a rivalry while the Lakers were competing for Championships and the Clippers were the Clippers.

 

Kings were sorry, but the Warriors still only an early round playoffs team from 2012-2014.

 

Meanwhile, Cousins had an incident with the Clippers a few times a year.  It did feel one-way though, where Cousins had a bigger problem with the Clippers, than the Clippers had with him. 

For example, Isaiah Thomas and Marcus Thornton didn't have a problem with the Clippers.

 

 But I could pull up articles about several different incidents after different games, from Cousins.

 
 
I think once he went ot New Orleans, it wasn't the same, and he focused more on meshing with the Pelicans.
 
 
To me, the best rivalries are made in the playoffs, so that's why I like the Memphis one, and there could be one with the Jazz.  Especially if you take into account the history of that 31 game regular season losing streak in Utah.  It wasn't the playoffs, but it was a part of Clippers-Jazz history.
 
I can't say Clippers-Spurs is a rivalry yet, only because the Spurs have played a lot of teams a lot of times. Spurs vs.  Dallas, Lakers, Suns, Houston, Pistons Heat would be higher up, due to the higher stakes in the playoffs, or more repeated encounters.  It could be though, if they meet a few more times in the near future.
 
 
I do also agree that Clippers-Lakers isn't as much of a rivalry, because the Lakers have played a lot of other teams with more at stake.  Portland, Phoenix, Detroit, San Antonio, Boston.
 
Actually, I have to drop the Portland one.  Portland has only won 2 series, vs. 9 for the Lakers.  Too one-sided.
 
 
I just thought of the Kings, also because I think there's more technical fouls in those Kings-Clippers games from 2012-2014, then there were in Warriors games.
 
 
But, thanks for answering with your opinion.
 
 

I remembering back in the day, I would have Clippers vs Lakers games circled on the calender like if it was Christmas, but the more success the Clippers got and the more the Lakers floundered, those match ups were like "meh" to me. Even now when Lakers fans talk shit, I don't get "triggered' nearly as often as I used to get. I usually just make a Big Baller Brand/Lavar Ball comment and they start getting mad.

May 31, 2018 3:16pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 11 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
I’m Chris Broussard
May 31, 2018 3:23pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

V-Ice wrote:
I’m Chris Broussard

 

Lol.

May 31, 2018 3:27pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Clipps wrote:

I remembering back in the day, I would have Clippers vs Lakers games circled on the calender like if it was Christmas, but the more success the Clippers got and the more the Lakers floundered, those match ups were like "meh" to me. Even now when Lakers fans talk shit, I don't get "triggered' nearly as often as I used to get. I usually just make a Big Baller Brand/Lavar Ball comment and they start getting mad.

 

Or, send them a Jason Tatum playoffs jersey.  The Lakers passed on Tatum, and the Lakers are on a 5 year playoffs drought.

May 31, 2018 4:52pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 13 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

BBB is all you need. Everyone knows as long as BBB is there, unless Lonzo grows some balls(pun intended) and tells his dad off, the Lakers will be sorry.

May 31, 2018 7:16pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

He'll never tell his dad off.  His dad will sell a sex tape of his kids for money, but mute out all of the female sounds and amplify his sons' sounds.

 

 

May 31, 2018 7:17pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Question:  Is the true definition of a burner account, one that isn't even tied to an email address?  So one that can't have its password reset, because it is not registered to anything?

 

Kind of like how a burner phone isn't tied to a person.  The number just has to be activated, then anyone can use it.  Right?

Jun 7, 2018 10:58am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011
Jun 7, 2018 11:04am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 53 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

He's letting his wife take the fall, but I bet it wasn't her, it was probably him.

She's letting him blame her so her meal ticket isn't jeopardized and he can still get another job in the future.

Jun 7, 2018 11:16am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

They tracked a lot of the accounts to the wife, by doing the "forgot password" on Twitter.  It said the password reset was sent to a phone number where the last two digits matched his wife's phone number.

Jun 7, 2018 11:22am
gilp5
Online
Last seen: 2 min 56 sec ago
Joined: Dec 5, 2011

Colangelo resigned. He's a great GM even with this bizarre story. He put Philly in a very good position moving forward. The Clippers should hire him.

Jun 7, 2018 11:24am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 53 min ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

They tracked a lot of the accounts to the wife, by doing the "forgot password" on Twitter.  It said the password reset was sent to a phone number where the last two digits matched his wife's phone number.

She whiped her iphone clean to impede investigators, but a lot of the tweets from the burner accounts came from android phone.

Jun 7, 2018 11:27am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 46 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23723964/bryan-colangelo-resigns-president-philadelphia-76ers

Bye Felicia. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

Jun 7, 2018 11:28am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 46 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

trapp76 wrote:

He's letting his wife take the fall, but I bet it wasn't her, it was probably him.

She's letting him blame her so her meal ticket isn't jeopardized and he can still get another job in the future.

Even if it was her, it was him. He gave her insider information he wasn't supposed to leak. Buck stops with him. 

Jun 7, 2018 11:45am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 46 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

gilp5 wrote:

Colangelo resigned. He's a great GM even with this bizarre story. He put Philly in a very good position moving forward. The Clippers should hire him.

I disagree. I think Sam Hinkie helped them, not Colangelo. In fact, there are calls right now to go back to the Sam Hinke process. Colangelo actually kinda messed up a lot of what Hinke did. Also, Colangelo has a serious nepotism issue himself. Brian's Dad is the team's team’s Chairman of Basketball Operations and "The reason this process dragged on for over a week was because Jerry threatened to burn bridges with other teams if the Sixers fired his son, according to a report from PhillyVoice." We do NOT want any part of that shitshow. 

Jun 7, 2018 11:40am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

He's letting his wife take the fall, but I bet it wasn't her, it was probably him.

She's letting him blame her so her meal ticket isn't jeopardized and he can still get another job in the future.

Even if it was her, it was him. He gave her insider information he wasn't supposed to leak. Buck stops with him. 

 

Agree.

Jun 7, 2018 11:42am
gilp5
Online
Last seen: 2 min 56 sec ago
Joined: Dec 5, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

gilp5 wrote:

Colangelo resigned. He's a great GM even with this bizarre story. He put Philly in a very good position moving forward. The Clippers should hire him.

I disagree. I think the building blocks were from Sam Hinkie, not Colangelo. In fact, there are calls right now to go back to the Sam Hinke process. Also, Colangelo has a serious nepotism issue himself. Brian's Dad is part of the NBA leadership and "The reason this process dragged on for over a week was because Jerry threatened to burn bridges with other teams if the Sixers fired his son, according to a report from PhillyVoice." We do NOT want any part of that shitshow. 

OK fair enough.

Jun 7, 2018 11:43am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

trapp76 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

They tracked a lot of the accounts to the wife, by doing the "forgot password" on Twitter.  It said the password reset was sent to a phone number where the last two digits matched his wife's phone number.

She whiped her iphone clean to impede investigators, but a lot of the tweets from the burner accounts came from android phone.

 

You are right.

 

Jun 7, 2018 11:49am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

How do we know the wife had an iPhone?  I mean, other than "Becca Laurie"'s Tweet.

Jun 7, 2018 11:53am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Here's the full investigation report.  It says she had an iPhone.

 

https://thebiglead.com/2018/06/07/bryan-colangelo-resignation-statement-wife-tweets-barbara-bottini/

 

 

Could she have had an Android last year?  Do we know if Bryan Colangelo has an Android?

Jun 7, 2018 1:37pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 11 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
What an idiot.... Seriously.... Won’t get another NBA job no matter what....
Jun 7, 2018 1:39pm
MadFlabby
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 24 sec ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Wonder what kinda stress this has put on his marriage?  How many BJ's does she owe him for getting him fired?  How much cunnilingus does he owe her for having her take the fall for him? 

Jun 7, 2018 2:22pm
ClipperSisyphus
Offline
Last seen: 39 min 20 sec ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

If nerds are going to track down the true identity of every burner account, I think a lot of high profile people are deleting or at least enhancing the anonymity of their burner accounts. It looks like you need a burner email address and a burner phone number to go with your burner social media account.

Jun 7, 2018 2:53pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

If nerds are going to track down the true identity of every burner account, I think a lot of high profile people are deleting or at least enhancing the anonymity of their burner accounts. It looks like you need a burner email address and a burner phone number to go with your burner social media account.

 

The Colangelos probably used burner email addresses, but not burner phone numbers.

Jun 8, 2018 12:57pm
pro100
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 36 min ago
Joined: Jan 17, 2012

Good move by Phlly to get rid of that clown