Clippers Bring Back Luc

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Jul 9, 2018 3:30pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 21 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011
Jul 9, 2018 3:33pm
htownfan
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: May 7, 2015

You beat me by 1 minute so I deleted my post...  :)   We are really going to miss him especially with Ariza gone as well.....time to gamble on the  young guns....

Jul 9, 2018 3:33pm
Rhy1244
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 4 min ago
Joined: Oct 8, 2011

Nice!   We didn’t get the king, but got the prince.  I l’ve always been a fan.

Jul 9, 2018 3:54pm
ClipperSisyphus
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 1 min ago
Joined: Nov 1, 2011

17 guys under contract now. Probably means Harrell and Wallace won't come back and we cut Evans and Williams.

BTW, Rockets giving up Ariza and Moute to chase Carmelo is a total CP move. Soooo glad he is no longer on our roster.

[edit] also looks like Rockets and Capela are far apart on terms. Rockets offering $12MM/per and Capela wants $20MM/per. Rockets are going to be the new version of the old Clippers with 2 max contracts and a bunch of scrubs.

Jul 9, 2018 3:46pm
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 5 min ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013

Sad news for our resident Rockets fans. Between CP0's selfishness and his demands to play with his buddies, the Rockets' window (if they ever even had one) is now closed.

Jul 9, 2018 3:52pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 11 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

Wow I am surprised by this move. Always liked Luc. But...I'd have preferred Harrell. 

Jul 9, 2018 4:01pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 21 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

17 guys under contract now. Probably means Harrell and Wallace won't come back and we cut Evans and Williams.

We can cut Milos, Evans and Williams and still bring back Harrell.

You are probably right on Wallace though, but we went over that in another thread, we don't need 7 SGs.

 

Jul 9, 2018 4:03pm
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 5 min ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013

trapp76 wrote:

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

17 guys under contract now. Probably means Harrell and Wallace won't come back and we cut Evans and Williams.

We can cut Milos, Evans and Williams and still bring back Harrell.

You are probably right on Wallace though, but we went over that in another thread, we don't need 7 SGs.

 

From what Frank's been saying lately, the front office is planning to keep Milos. I think Dekker, Evans and CJ will end up getting cut.

Jul 9, 2018 4:10pm
gilp5
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 35 min ago
Joined: Dec 5, 2011

VFHS wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

17 guys under contract now. Probably means Harrell and Wallace won't come back and we cut Evans and Williams.

We can cut Milos, Evans and Williams and still bring back Harrell.

You are probably right on Wallace though, but we went over that in another thread, we don't need 7 SGs.

 

From what Frank's been saying lately, the front office is planning to keep Milos. I think Dekker, Evans and CJ will end up getting cut.

Dekker is probably the odd man out here.

Jul 9, 2018 4:26pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 11 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

We're thin at Center. Subbing Harrell in at center (which is not a good idea) looks like this:

PG: Bradley, SGA, Milos (cut Evans)
SG: Beverley, Lou Williams, Robinson (cut CJ Williams, Wallace)
SF: Harris, Johnson, Thornwell (cut Dekker)
PF: Gallinari, Mbah, Scott
C: Gortat, Harrell, Marjanovic

Jul 9, 2018 4:50pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 41 min 5 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

Awesome. Our defense can be lethal.... but it smells like a trade coming of some kind. Can’t keep Wes..

Jul 9, 2018 5:06pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 5 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Huge loss for the Rockets, if he were healthy in the playoffs last year he could have helped them a lot. If they did this to sign Melo, it's probably a big mistake although I've maintained if there's anyone who could get through to Melo it would be CP. 

 

As for us, his lack of offensive ability does not fit in great, but he's one of the better wing defenders in the league hands down. 

Jul 9, 2018 5:16pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 21 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

VFHS wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

ClipperSisyphus wrote:

17 guys under contract now. Probably means Harrell and Wallace won't come back and we cut Evans and Williams.

We can cut Milos, Evans and Williams and still bring back Harrell.

You are probably right on Wallace though, but we went over that in another thread, we don't need 7 SGs.

 

From what Frank's been saying lately, the front office is planning to keep Milos. I think Dekker, Evans and CJ will end up getting cut.

That’s fine too, either way we can still bring back Harrell.

Jul 9, 2018 5:26pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 5 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Yeah I don't see why this would affect Harrell at all. I think we are just hoping he doesn't get an offer sheet before teams run out of money. If I were another team I would probably do it and force us to match.

Jul 9, 2018 5:57pm
babyradar01
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

if we let harrel go im becoming a laker fan.

Jul 9, 2018 6:03pm
CorkScrew
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 25 min ago
Joined: Oct 21, 2011

babyradar01 wrote:

if we let harrel go im becoming a laker fan.

 

You think the Lakers will sign him?

 

Jul 9, 2018 6:11pm
Dyce
Offline
Last seen: 45 min 20 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

We signed someone taller than 6'5"?  INCONCEIVABLE!!!

Jul 9, 2018 6:40pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 11 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

babyradar01 wrote:

if we let harrel go im becoming a laker fan.

Bye Felisha

Jul 9, 2018 7:20pm
OGClipsFan32
Offline
Last seen: 58 min 13 sec ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

Love the Luc move. However they better pray no one slides Harrell an offer. I get it, they are really trying to preserve the 2019-2020 cap space. But I personally think it would be an enormous mistake to let him walk. 

Jul 9, 2018 7:48pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 21 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

Luc’s deal was 1 year 4.3 mill. Looks like we split our MLE between Luc and Scott.

Jul 9, 2018 7:53pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 21 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

htownfan wrote:

You beat me by 1 minute so I deleted my post...  :)   We are really going to miss him especially with Ariza gone as well.....time to gamble on the  young guns....

Your new owner is being a cheap skate. Had bird rights to Ariza and didn’t want to pay him, didn’t want to pay Luc either and now he is trying to cheap out on Capella too. Too bad for you guys. 

Jul 9, 2018 8:22pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 21 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

OGClipsFan32 wrote:

Love the Luc move. However they better pray no one slides Harrell an offer. I get it, they are really trying to preserve the 2019-2020 cap space. But I personally think it would be an enormous mistake to let him walk. 

I think we could give Harrell up to 9-10 mill of our 2019 cap space and still be able to offer two max deals as long as we dump Gallo or stretch him.

Jul 9, 2018 8:35pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 31 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

babyradar01 wrote:

if we let harrel go im becoming a laker fan.

You don't need to wait for shit, dude. GTFO

Jul 9, 2018 11:08pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 51 sec ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

babyradar01 wrote:

if we let harrel go im becoming a laker fan.

 

Is it time to ask for one of your famous bar analogy for this switch?

Jul 9, 2018 11:32pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 21 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

I want to see opponents try and score on a defensive lineup of Bradley-Bev-SGA-Luc-Boban

Jul 10, 2018 8:26am
babyradar01
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

CorkScrew wrote:

babyradar01 wrote:

if we let harrel go im becoming a laker fan.

I don't care who signs him...if we don't I've lost all faith in the FO.

 

You think the Lakers will sign him?

 

Jul 10, 2018 8:28am
babyradar01
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

babyradar01 wrote:

if we let harrel go im becoming a laker fan.

Bye Felisha

Adios Mark.

Jul 10, 2018 10:07am
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 11 min ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

babyradar01 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

babyradar01 wrote:

if we let harrel go im becoming a laker fan.

Bye Felisha

Adios Mark.

I asked you not to do that. Unless you're claiming your real name is Felisha, in which case, that would be awesome. But, assuming no, you're not being awesome by doing that after I asked you to please stop. 

Jul 10, 2018 10:36am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 21 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

Mistwell wrote:

babyradar01 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

babyradar01 wrote:

if we let harrel go im becoming a laker fan.

Bye Felisha

Adios Mark.

I asked you not to do that. Unless you're claiming your real name is Felisha, in which case, that would be awesome. But, assuming no, you're not being awesome by doing that after I asked you to please stop. 

I'm pretty sure his real name is Felicia.

Jul 10, 2018 10:42am
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 31 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

trapp76 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

babyradar01 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

babyradar01 wrote:

if we let harrel go im becoming a laker fan.

Bye Felisha

Adios Mark.

I asked you not to do that. Unless you're claiming your real name is Felisha, in which case, that would be awesome. But, assuming no, you're not being awesome by doing that after I asked you to please stop. 

I'm pretty sure his real name is Felicia.

Maybe he's Laker Darrel.