2018 NBA Playoffs

330 posts / 0 new
Last post
May 9, 2018 11:28pm
gilp5

Does anyone pick Boston to beat the Cavs?

May 10, 2018 11:33am
trapp76

Hitnrun24 wrote:

That was a great 5 game series with Philly and Boston. Philly just had too many players that could not play their game in this series. Embiid needs to work on his conditioning he reminded me of Blake getting winded late in games. Simmons struggled a bit.

Redick just still does not seem like a guy you want to play big minutes especially in big moments. He hit a really tough 3 when they were down 4 and almost hopeless, but he had a wiiiiide open look when they were down 2 with under a minute and he short armed it so bad. Very reminiscent of his Clippers days. This Celtics team is more talented than it gets credit for though and playoff experience made all the difference.

I would have loved to have had JJ on the Clipper team this year for 1 year 12 mill. We may have made the playoffs.

May 13, 2018 4:37pm
V-Ice
I’m tired of the Warriors...... I hate KD for doing what he did....Lets go Rockets.
May 14, 2018 4:21pm
nuraman00

Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Boston Celtics:

I've been against Boston every round. I've been a Horford fan since he was drafted, but I don't like him as the team's best big. I like him when he's next to another good frontcourt player, like Josh Smith or Millsap. Horford has played great, but it's always an issue I'm going to have with Boston's roster. That, and I still don't understand how Boston keeps winning. I had them getting swept by Philly, lol. Cleveland definitely has issues.

Their defense has been bad for most of the year. And Korver is old, can't keep counting on him. And I had Love getting outplayed by Valanciunas in the previous round (it didn't happen). I'm not sure I can count on Love. But if Cleveland has gotten this far, I think they will keep going.

Cleveland in 5.

Cleveland

Boston

Cleveland

Cleveland

Cleveland

This could be a long series, but I'll just pick short.

Trophy Presenter: I've wished it was Mark Price or Big Z for several years. But if they haven't involved them yet, I don't think they will. They've used Austin Carr I think every time, so they will probably stick with him. Golden State

Warriors vs. Houston Rockets:

The Warriors have more better players. Harden has had more bad playoffs performances in his career than most Warriors.

Warriors can guard Harden and Paul with Thompson, Durant, Iguodala, and Green.

I could see the Rockets in 7, but I'll be BOLD and pick Warriors in 4.

For the Rockets to win, Clint Capela has to play like the best player on the team, or close to it. If he can outplay the Warriors frontcourt, then they should be in a position to win the series.

Golden State in 4.

Golden State

Golden State

Golden State

Golden State

Trophy Presenter: Mitch Richmond.

BOLD Prediction:

* Stephen Curry will have more free throw attempts for the series than Chris Paul, and shoot a higher FT%.

* He will keep his 100% FT% for the playoffs, alive. (I wanted to keep this a separate line item.)

* Chris Paul will have a game with 0 turnovers and 11+ assists.

May 15, 2018 8:02pm
Hitnrun24

Doc traded a 1st rounder for Jeff Green, he was truly out of this world tonight

May 16, 2018 7:56am
Clippers1121

Cavs really screwed the pooch last night.  Get huge games from Lebron and Love and nobody else on the team does anything.  POS game by J.R. Smith in particular.  Does not do anything in the game but get a flagrant foul on Horford by pushing him in the back when he is going for a layup.  Just can't believe how worthless the other Cavs were who were surrounding James and Love.  Just nothing from the guards.  Looks like Lebron may not go to the finals this year after all.  The Cavs other than James and Love should play a lot better at home and grab the two games at Cleveland.  But I don't know that they will win at Boston.  Celtics are really looking good when they are at home.

May 16, 2018 12:14pm
Hitnrun24

Why the hell did the Cavs trade Dwayne Wade? Clarkson is awful, I could not believe the Lakers got a 1st at the time of that trade. I don't know if we would have done it, but was the 8th pick really worth  more to them than DJ and a bonafide bench combo guard like Lou or Austin?

Even though they got Nance, a decent player who is not even playing but Clarkson is just terrible and making a lot of money. I mean how much better off would the Cavs be with Austin instead of that guy. He's supposed to be a 6th man scorer type, but he's not even good at scoring. He's just good at shooting, even Jamal would have been better for them. At least with Jeff Green they weren't stupid enough to give up anything but a minimum roster spot.

May 20, 2018 7:11pm
V-Ice
I don’t get why Capella doesn’t play more minutes.... houston’s Strength is having him out there so Dumb’toni Doesn’t play him much.
May 20, 2018 7:17pm
Mistwell

Jesus that was an ass kicking. 

May 20, 2018 7:18pm
Hitnrun24

I'm a believer in Paul's performances, but he needs to wake up before it's too late. That was a terrible game from him, Harden didn't have it either but Chris needs to do a better job picking up the slack when that happens. He's far too often trying to set up guys like Ariza, Gordon and Green to make the plays when it's time to make a run.

I wasn't even that impressed with the Warriors play tonight and they come away with a 41 point win. Steph got hot when the pressure was off and Houston was busy dribbling the ball off their foot, but it will look like he woke up and the Warriors were too much. It's Durant's steady dominance that's keeping the Warriors in front every game.

May 20, 2018 7:54pm
htownfan

Mistwell wrote:

You ain't lying!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 20, 2018 8:40pm
VFHS

CP0 with another epic chokejob. Outside of a couple games against a Jazz team with all their guards injured, CP0 has looked old and washed in these playoffs.

May 21, 2018 11:17am
trapp76

VFHS wrote:

CP0 with another epic chokejob. Outside of a couple games against a Jazz 

Outside, of that game, and this game and that other game, and oh yeah that one other game too, and that other game I forgot about....................HE IS TOTALLY WASHED.

May 21, 2018 11:19am
VFHS
You can hang your hat on a couple games against an opponent with no healthy guards. I'll stick with the larger sample size of CP0 choking and looking washed against real competition.
May 21, 2018 11:58am
V-Ice
Play Capella more Houston.........
May 21, 2018 1:05pm
Hitnrun24

Calling him washed is crazy too far. He had a down game and is not able to dominate games consistently against really good defense. In this game he was just plain bad, but he's not some one dimensional player who doesn't contribute elsewher. He was and has been very good on defense this series. 

May 21, 2018 1:08pm
VFHS
Hitnrun24 wrote:

Calling him washed is crazy too far. He had a down game and is not able to dominate games consistently against really good defense. In this game he was just plain bad, but he's not some one dimensional player who doesn't contribute elsewher. He was and has been very good on defense this series. 

Be honest: has he looked like a $207 million player to you at any point in these playoffs so far? Because that's how much money he'll be demanding from Houston this offseason.
May 21, 2018 2:28pm
trapp76

VFHS wrote:
Hitnrun24 wrote:

Be honest: has he looked like a $207 million player to you at any point in these playoffs so far? Because that's how much money he'll be demanding from Houston this offseason.

Damn are you gonna look stupid if he takes less than that to play with Lebron.

May 21, 2018 2:41pm
VFHS

If CP0 takes less money to go ride LeBron's coattails, it's just him finally admitting once and for all that he didn't have what it takes to lead a team. If anything, his fanboys would be the ones looking stupid for hyping CP0 up as some generational megastar all these years. No star ever took less money to go ride CP0's coattails.

However, I'll believe CP0 voluntarily takes a pay cut when I see it. This is the same guy who rewrote the CBA to make himself eligible for a $200+ million contract.

May 21, 2018 2:58pm
Hitnrun24

VFHS wrote:
Hitnrun24 wrote:

No, but he's still a very helpful piece to a team. I've already said though there are only 6 or 7 guys that are worth that huge % of the cap. If he really isn't able to come up with more than what he's done so far then it might be something to reevaluate for Houston, but with their cap situation they're better off with him than without. They're paying 20m to a guy they can't even play.

May 21, 2018 4:04pm
nuraman00

Mistwell wrote:

Kind of like the Clippers did to the Warriors in game 2 of the 2014 playoffs series.

May 21, 2018 4:14pm
VFHS
Hitnrun24 wrote:

VFHS wrote:
Hitnrun24 wrote:

No, but he's still a very helpful piece to a team. I've already said though there are only 6 or 7 guys that are worth that huge % of the cap. If he really isn't able to come up with more than what he's done so far then it might be something to reevaluate for Houston, but with their cap situation they're better off with him than without. They're paying 20m to a guy they can't even play.

No team is ever better off overpaying for anyone.
May 21, 2018 4:26pm
Mistwell

VFHS wrote:
Hitnrun24 wrote:

VFHS wrote:
Hitnrun24 wrote:

I dunno. Overpaying for Blake Griffin seems to have worked out pretty good for us.

BAZINGA! :)

May 21, 2018 5:16pm
Hitnrun24

VFHS wrote:
Hitnrun24 wrote:

VFHS wrote:
Hitnrun24 wrote:

George Hill is wildly overpaid, would the Cavs be better off with Clarkson or Calderon starting instead of him?

May 22, 2018 12:03am
pro100

There's no reports or anything but I saw a couple of tweets on my timeline saying CP3 might be playing hurt

May 22, 2018 9:22am
trapp76

Mistwell wrote:

VFHS wrote:
Hitnrun24 wrote:

VFHS wrote:
Hitnrun24 wrote:

I dunno. Overpaying for Blake Griffin seems to have worked out pretty good for us.

It actually did.

Sometimes when the alternative is losing an asset for nothing, overpaying and trading later is a better alternative.

May 22, 2018 9:30am
Mistwell

trapp76 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

VFHS wrote:
Hitnrun24 wrote:

VFHS wrote:
Hitnrun24 wrote:

It actually did.

Sometimes when the alternative is losing an asset for nothing, overpaying and trading later is a better alternative.

I know, I was not being sarcastic it was a genuine comment. Which was also intended to poke at VFHS. 

I wouldn't make an overall strategy of overpaying with hope of trading later (Austin and Gallo, I am looking at you guys) but it can work sometimes. 

May 22, 2018 10:07am
trapp76

Mistwell wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

VFHS wrote:
Hitnrun24 wrote:

VFHS wrote:
Hitnrun24 wrote:

It actually did.

I know, I was not being sarcastic it was a genuine comment. Which was also intended to poke at VFHS. 

I wouldn't make an overall strategy of overpaying with hope of trading later (Austin and Gallo, I am looking at you guys) but it can work sometimes. 

Gallo wasn't our own free agent. 

I'm talking about keeping a player as opposed to letting him leave for nothing.

Austin is his own specific unique situation because of the nepotism. We should have let him walk simply based on that alone.

May 22, 2018 10:20am
japkilla
trapp76 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

Mistwell wrote:

VFHS wrote:
Hitnrun24 wrote:

VFHS wrote:
Hitnrun24 wrote:

It actually did.

Gallo wasn't our own free agent. 

I'm talking about keeping a player as opposed to letting him leave for nothing.

Austin is his own specific unique situation because of the nepotism. We should have let him walk simply based on that alone.

100% agree