2018 NBA Playoffs

330 posts / 0 new
Last post
Apr 18, 2018 4:38pm
tullabye
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 25 min ago
Joined: Nov 11, 2011
nuraman00 wrote:

tullabye wrote:
Holiday shutting down his critics. UCLA!!!

 

Why don't you get excited about Luc Richard Mbah A Moute the same way you do Holiday?  I've seen less posts about him over the years, than I do about Holiday.

I like Luc but he doesn’t have that kind of impact. He’s similar to a guy like Afflalo.
Apr 18, 2018 5:03pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Thanks.

Apr 19, 2018 12:44pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Holiday, Rondo, Cousins, and Davis have only played 28 games together.  They are 17-11 in those games, .607, which is pretty good.

 

The Pelicans modest success without Cousins is more about Rondo and Holiday being healthy, as well getting Mirotic.

 

If Rondo or Holiday weren't healthy, then the Pelicans would look bad even with Davis.

 

The Pelicans also lost the the Clippers and Kings with Davis, Holiday, and Rondo.  Both at home.  Those games are when they could have used more talent.

 

They had a small sample size of success without Cousins, but there were a few bad losses in there too.

 

They also got hammered by the Timberwolves, who were without Butler.  And the Wizards at home without Wall.

 

Also, their lead against Portland is partially about Lillard and McCollum sucking.  Lillard and McCollum are turning into the old Raptors.

 

Not saying that Cousins should be the main guy, but he can provide an additional boost.

Apr 19, 2018 12:55pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011
Jerebko, Favors, and Gobert all showed nice passing.
 
 
The Jazz got nice contributions across the board.
 
 
Carmelo Anthony also lost the game for the Thunder.  He was terrible on offense.
Apr 19, 2018 9:43pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 5 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Lillard and McCollum becoming the old Raptors is a good call. They are good players, but this style without much of a threat other than those 2 has not translated to the playoffs at all. They were lucky to get by the Clippers when Chris and Blake got injured in the series otherwise I don't think they'd have won any series yet. Relying on guys to just hit ridiculous shots over and over is not going to end well.

Apr 20, 2018 6:49am
Shaliq
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 18 hours ago
Joined: Jan 23, 2012

VFHS wrote:
Clippers1121 wrote:

CP3 panicked last night and threw the ball away with 8 seconds left in the game.  Have not seen that from him since the infamous game 5 meltdown against OKC at the end of the game.  Usually nobody is more clutch in those situations than  CP3. 

I guess you didn't watch Game 6 against the Jazz last year, then? We were up double digits with 1:29 to go and CP0 choked the lead down to 3 with some awful turnovers. Then Joe Johnson somehow missed a clutch three, and we barely clung on to win. CP0 also had a 6-turnover game in the 2015 Spurs series. CP0 doesn't belong in the same sentence as the word "clutch."

Both are valid points. I really don't miss CP0... I'm happy with the fresh new faces we have. We're moving in the right direction!!

Apr 20, 2018 8:29am
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 36 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
Go Pelicans and 6’ers.
Apr 20, 2018 10:27am
ClipsAhoy
Offline
Last seen: 23 min 57 sec ago
Joined: Jul 30, 2013

Pelicans will beat the Warriors if Curry isn't back.  You heard it hear first. 

Apr 20, 2018 10:48am
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 36 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
^well 2nd..... I have the Pelicans in the finals vs 6’ers.....
Apr 20, 2018 12:26pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Hitnrun24 wrote:

Lillard and McCollum becoming the old Raptors is a good call. They are good players, but this style without much of a threat other than those 2 has not translated to the playoffs at all. They were lucky to get by the Clippers when Chris and Blake got injured in the series otherwise I don't think they'd have won any series yet. Relying on guys to just hit ridiculous shots over and over is not going to end well.

 

Prior to 2016, you have to go back to 2014, when they beat Houston in the first round.  Aldridge had back to back 40 point games at Houston to open the series.

 

That doesn't matter any more, since Aldridge is gone.

 

Lillard and McCollum are just taking perimeter shots.  They need to get in the paint.  CJ is supposed to be good at drawing fouls, but he's not doing that.

 

Last year, in Game 1 against GSW, CJ had 41 and Lillard had 34.  And they combined for 13 FTs.  This year, they've combined for 3 FTs in game 1, 4 in game 2, and 11 in game 3.

 

They're not attacking the paint and showing their versatility as guards, like they can.  

 

Also, Lillard's obsession with the Warriors is a little annoying.  What's the point if there's 29 other teams that could beat them in the playoffs?  It's not like they lose to the Warriors every year.  They've lost to the Spurs in 2014, Memphis in 2015, and are down to the Pelicans in 2018.  Lillard has to be prepared and come out with the same intensity and versatility that he does against the Warriors.

 

Then on defense, they're not able to stop the Pelicans inside or outside.

Apr 20, 2018 1:14pm
Mistwell
Offline
Last seen: 28 min 42 sec ago
Joined: Oct 17, 2011

ClipsAhoy wrote:

Pelicans will beat the Warriors if Curry isn't back.  You heard it hear first. 

From your lips...er...keyboard...to God's ears...er...eyes. 

Apr 20, 2018 5:38pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 5 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

Hitnrun24 wrote:

Lillard and McCollum becoming the old Raptors is a good call. They are good players, but this style without much of a threat other than those 2 has not translated to the playoffs at all. They were lucky to get by the Clippers when Chris and Blake got injured in the series otherwise I don't think they'd have won any series yet. Relying on guys to just hit ridiculous shots over and over is not going to end well.

 

Prior to 2016, you have to go back to 2014, when they beat Houston in the first round.  Aldridge had back to back 40 point games at Houston to open the series.

 

That doesn't matter any more, since Aldridge is gone.

 

Lillard and McCollum are just taking perimeter shots.  They need to get in the paint.  CJ is supposed to be good at drawing fouls, but he's not doing that.

 

Last year, in Game 1 against GSW, CJ had 41 and Lillard had 34.  And they combined for 13 FTs.  This year, they've combined for 3 FTs in game 1, 4 in game 2, and 11 in game 3.

 

They're not attacking the paint and showing their versatility as guards, like they can.  

 

Also, Lillard's obsession with the Warriors is a little annoying.  What's the point if there's 29 other teams that could beat them in the playoffs?  It's not like they lose to the Warriors every year.  They've lost to the Spurs in 2014, Memphis in 2015, and are down to the Pelicans in 2018.  Lillard has to be prepared and come out with the same intensity and versatility that he does against the Warriors.

 

Then on defense, they're not able to stop the Pelicans inside or outside.

 

Lillard admitted pretty much that he can't beat their defense because they trap all screens and the big man does not leave, forcing him to give it up. But he also keeps calling for screens which is drawing more defense so he has to give it up in those situations or they need to adjust and do a pick and roll with he and McCollum.

 

Clippers used the same strategy on Lillard and he was ineffective until injuries. Golden State uses a switching style defense so they were still able to get theirs, but it wasn't enough to get wins. He's obviously a very good player, but won't be able to translate his game without the type of help Curry has or being able to beat a man without a screen like he does because no one is going to be able to routinely beat double teams.

Apr 21, 2018 9:42am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Where did you hear Lillard talk about this?

Apr 21, 2018 9:43am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Cleveland took 4 straight 3's late in the game in game 3, and miss them all.

 

I hate it when teams keep taking and missing 3's like this.  Mix it up.  Go inside.

Apr 21, 2018 9:57am
datlbn1p
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 23 min ago
Joined: May 16, 2012

i love Blake but i wish he would've take over game like how Anthony Davis carrying his team

Apr 21, 2018 3:02pm
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 36 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011

^Blake did take over back in 2014-2015 playoffs...

Apr 21, 2018 4:02pm
Olowokandi34
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: Jan 4, 2012
V-Ice wrote:

^Blake did take over back in 2014-2015 playoffs...

Against boris diaw, Aron Baynes, Josh Smith
Apr 21, 2018 4:06pm
Olowokandi34
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: Jan 4, 2012
V-Ice wrote:

^Blake did take over back in 2014-2015 playoffs...

Against boris diaw, Aron Baynes, Josh Smith. Blake would dominate these Blazers too
Apr 21, 2018 4:44pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 5 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:

Where did you hear Lillard talk about this?

 

He was interviewed after the game. Dame is going to get crushed by the critics. Jrue dominated him in all facets and I'd bet most people would have told you Lillard was the better player before this series. He may draw more doubles, but Holiday just showed he's better by a decent margin. I hate the Pelicans depth, but if Curry doesn't get back they could get by the Warriors. Golden State probably going to be lucky there and get him back just in time.

Apr 21, 2018 4:54pm
gilp5
Online
Last seen: 2 min 16 sec ago
Joined: Dec 5, 2011

Hitnrun24 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Where did you hear Lillard talk about this?

 

He was interviewed after the game. Dame is going to get crushed by the critics. Jrue dominated him in all facets and I'd bet most people would have told you Lillard was the better player before this series. He may draw more doubles, but Holiday just showed he's better by a decent margin. I hate the Pelicans depth, but if Curry doesn't get back they could get by the Warriors. Golden State probably going to be lucky there and get him back just in time.

Where does Portland go from here? They seemed to have reached a ceiling.

Apr 21, 2018 5:09pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Hitnrun24 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Where did you hear Lillard talk about this?

 

He was interviewed after the game. Dame is going to get crushed by the critics. Jrue dominated him in all facets and I'd bet most people would have told you Lillard was the better player before this series. He may draw more doubles, but Holiday just showed he's better by a decent margin. I hate the Pelicans depth, but if Curry doesn't get back they could get by the Warriors. Golden State probably going to be lucky there and get him back just in time.

 

Thanks.

 

Lillard and McCollum at least played the right way in game 4.  They got in the paint more and did a good job with the traps.  Only had 6 turnovers for the game.

 

Unfortunately for them, they let the Pelicans set franchise playoffs highs in several categories.  Their defense wasn't good.

 

Congrats to the Pelicans.

 

Only blemish from the Pelicans were those first half turnovers.  I think 11 in the first half, give or take.

Apr 21, 2018 5:14pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

gilp5 wrote:

Hitnrun24 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Where did you hear Lillard talk about this?

 

He was interviewed after the game. Dame is going to get crushed by the critics. Jrue dominated him in all facets and I'd bet most people would have told you Lillard was the better player before this series. He may draw more doubles, but Holiday just showed he's better by a decent margin. I hate the Pelicans depth, but if Curry doesn't get back they could get by the Warriors. Golden State probably going to be lucky there and get him back just in time.

Where does Portland go from here? They seemed to have reached a ceiling.

 

Things can change.

 

In 2015, a veteran Raptors team was swept in the first round by the Wizards.

 

They reached the Conference Finals the next year, and have a good chance to go far again this year.

 

Nurkic improved this year.  He cut down on his turnovers a little, and was able to handle a full time starting role for the first time.

 

On paper, I'd think Portland needs another two-way player.  But like with other past teams, sometimes a team stays together and just improves with little changes.  So while I wouldn't like to rely on that strategy, there have been enough surprises to me in the past, of a team improving in such a manner, that it could happen.

 

I would not trade McCollum.  If you do, you get rid of the one guy that attacks the basket.  Portland would too perimeter oriented then.

 

 

 

Apr 21, 2018 5:17pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Olowokandi34 wrote:
V-Ice wrote:

^Blake did take over back in 2014-2015 playoffs...

Against boris diaw, Aron Baynes, Josh Smith. Blake would dominate these Blazers too

 

The same Boris Diaw demolished the Thunder in 2014.

 

Here's 15 minutes and 16 seconds of Diaw highlights from that series.

 

Apr 21, 2018 5:34pm
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 min ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013
Olowokandi34 wrote:
V-Ice wrote:

^Blake did take over back in 2014-2015 playoffs...

Against boris diaw, Aron Baynes, Josh Smith. Blake would dominate these Blazers too
CP0 choked against Pablo Prigioni and Jason Terry.
Apr 21, 2018 6:17pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 5 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

gilp5 wrote:

Hitnrun24 wrote:

nuraman00 wrote:

Where did you hear Lillard talk about this?

 

He was interviewed after the game. Dame is going to get crushed by the critics. Jrue dominated him in all facets and I'd bet most people would have told you Lillard was the better player before this series. He may draw more doubles, but Holiday just showed he's better by a decent margin. I hate the Pelicans depth, but if Curry doesn't get back they could get by the Warriors. Golden State probably going to be lucky there and get him back just in time.

Where does Portland go from here? They seemed to have reached a ceiling.

 

Yeah they have to change something. They do have some decent role players, but too reliant on the guards. I do think Collins is really going to be something for them in the coming years. The predicament is Lillard is probably the franchise player, but he doesn't really win 1 on 1. That could still work if you're surrounded by other good offensive players.

 

Right now though he needs to use screens so once they trap there's no counter. If he was on the Warriors no problem once the trap comes you give it up and you have 4-3 advantage. But on his team he can't beat Holiday 1 on 1 so you're left with the defense dictating Aminu to beat you. They need a really dynamic 3 as does 80% of the league.

Apr 23, 2018 7:37am
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 36 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
The Brow and Holiday played liked they were Shaq and Kobe back in 00’s playoffs..... lethal dual....
Apr 23, 2018 7:38am
V-Ice
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 36 min ago
Joined: Nov 27, 2011
I miss our Clippers not being in the playoffs.
Apr 23, 2018 9:56am
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 min ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013

Rondo and Jrue > CP0 in the playoffs.

Apr 23, 2018 10:52am
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 31 min 32 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

VFHS wrote:

Rondo and Jrue > CP0 in the playoffs.

Anyone not sitting on their couch > Blake in the playoffs

Apr 23, 2018 11:11am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

V-Ice wrote:
The Brow and Holiday played liked they were Shaq and Kobe back in 00’s playoffs..... lethal dual....

 

I didn't see that from them.

Apr 23, 2018 11:11am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011
It's concerning with how many big runs there have been, by both teams, in this series.  
 
 
This game had:
 
* An 18-2 Thunder Run
* A 15-2 Jazz Run
* A 13-2 Jazz Run
* A 5-0 quarter closing Jazz Run
* And a 13-0 Jazz Run.
 
Sure, it's good that the Jazz had more of those runs.  But it's also concerning that the Thunder had a big one too.
 
And the start of the 4th quarter was bad, with all of those turnovers.
 
I also still think that they're not looking for Favors and Gobert enough, as first options.  They seemed to get mostly only broken plays or putback chances.
 
So there's still room for improvement.
 
I also think the Thunder will win 1 or 2 of the Jazz home games.  The Thunder almost always win at least road game, and the Jazz almost always lose a home game.
Apr 23, 2018 11:17am
Apr 23, 2018 11:18am
VFHS
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 min ago
Joined: Mar 8, 2013
trapp76 wrote:

VFHS wrote:

Rondo and Jrue > CP0 in the playoffs.

Anyone not sitting on their couch > Blake in the playoffs

Blake's still living rent-free in your head. You do realize that trashing Blake doesn't erase CP0's legacy of chokejobs and inability to lead a team past the second round, right?
Apr 23, 2018 11:28am
Clippers1121
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 37 min ago
Joined: Nov 15, 2011

The Jazz bigs are dominating the Thunder.   I saw this in our game against them.  They had Adams guarding Griffin and Carmelo Anthony trying to guard Jordan.  It just does not work.  Don't know if Carmelo is guarding Gobert or Favors but either one the Jazz have a big advantage down low.  If Mitchell and Rubio keep outplaying George and Westbrook the Jazz are going to win this series.  Jazz are the hottest team of the second half and now they are proving it into the playoffs.  Happy for Ricky Rubio.  Thought he got unloaded from the TWolves and shoved to a rebuilding team and he would miss the playoffs yet again.  But the Jazz have surprised everybody this year.  Kudos to them for not missing Joe Johnson, Rodney Hood, George Hill, and of course Gordon Heyward.

Apr 23, 2018 11:42am
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Clippers1121 wrote:

The Jazz bigs are dominating the Thunder.   I saw this in our game against them.  They had Adams guarding Griffin and Carmelo Anthony trying to guard Jordan.  It just does not work.  Don't know if Carmelo is guarding Gobert or Favors but either one the Jazz have a big advantage down low.  If Mitchell and Rubio keep outplaying George and Westbrook the Jazz are going to win this series.  Jazz are the hottest team of the second half and now they are proving it into the playoffs.  Happy for Ricky Rubio.  Thought he got unloaded from the TWolves and shoved to a rebuilding team and he would miss the playoffs yet again.  But the Jazz have surprised everybody this year.  Kudos to them for not missing Joe Johnson, Rodney Hood, George Hill, and of course Gordon Heyward.

 

Not me.

 

I've had pretty high expectations for them, going back to 2015-2016.  I had them as a top team that year too.

 

Even this year I had high expectations.  

 

It didn't turn out for the reasons I thought, though.  Rubio wasn't as good of a playmaker as I thought, during the regular season.  But then I didn't see Mitchell's development coming.

 

Exum has also made a bigger impact than I anticipated.

 

Before the season started, I was counting on Rubio, Joe Johnson, and Ingles to keep the playmaking going.  I was also concerned about the loss of Diaw.

Apr 23, 2018 12:52pm
Clipps
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 4 min ago
Joined: May 4, 2015

VFHS wrote:
trapp76 wrote:

VFHS wrote:

Rondo and Jrue > CP0 in the playoffs.

Anyone not sitting on their couch > Blake in the playoffs

Blake's still living rent-free in your head. You do realize that trashing Blake doesn't erase CP0's legacy of chokejobs and inability to lead a team past the second round, right?
Your head is CP's mansion.

Apr 23, 2018 1:58pm
mannycoon
Online
Last seen: 6 min 53 sec ago
Joined: Nov 2, 2011
I'm not that surprised by the Jazz, I expected them to be one of the very best defensive teams this year; they were 3rd in defense last year and Rubio is a defensive upgrade from Hill and Hayward while a good player overall is an unremarkable defensive player. They are better on offense than expected because Mitchell was better than expected out of the gate and helped push them to being a fairly average offensive team rather than a bad one. Rubio's late season and playoff scoring has been interesting, no idea how sustainable it might be.
Apr 23, 2018 2:25pm
trapp76
Offline
Last seen: 31 min 32 sec ago
Joined: Oct 28, 2011

VFHS wrote:
trapp76 wrote:

VFHS wrote:

Rondo and Jrue > CP0 in the playoffs.

Anyone not sitting on their couch > Blake in the playoffs

Blake's still living rent-free in your head.

CP's still living rent-free in yours.

Apr 23, 2018 4:09pm
tullabye
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 25 min ago
Joined: Nov 11, 2011
mannycoon wrote:
I'm not that surprised by the Jazz, I expected them to be one of the very best defensive teams this year; they were 3rd in defense last year and Rubio is a defensive upgrade from Hill and Hayward while a good player overall is an unremarkable defensive player. They are better on offense than expected because Mitchell was better than expected out of the gate and helped push them to being a fairly average offensive team rather than a bad one. Rubio's late season and playoff scoring has been interesting, no idea how sustainable it might be.
People have been sleeping in Rubio. He’s been great for the last two years.
Apr 23, 2018 7:46pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011
The "Push-Off P" chants at Paul George, during game 3 and tonight, are great.

 

Apr 23, 2018 9:32pm
pro100
Offline
Last seen: 35 min 39 sec ago
Joined: Jan 17, 2012

Paul George's stock is kinda tanking right now in this Jazz series. Joe Ingles ballin'! -Screw you Doc

Apr 23, 2018 9:38pm
Hitnrun24
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 5 min ago
Joined: Dec 6, 2011

Sometimes George goes 5+ possessions without touching the ball, I'm not sure why OKC would give the ball to toast Melo over him so often. Jingles is locking him up a bit too, that boy can D up. Such an underrated player, there isn't one team he wouldn't make better. I'm really starting to believe in Utah, they are always making the right play.

Apr 23, 2018 9:58pm
Olowokandi34
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: Jan 4, 2012
Joe Ingles is the man, trolling Paul George
Apr 23, 2018 10:58pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

pro100 wrote:

Paul George's stock is kinda tanking right now in this Jazz series. Joe Ingles ballin'! -Screw you Doc

 

I don't think so.  George has been pretty good.

 

Carmelo Anthony is the wrong fit on the Thunder.  And the Thunder keep blowing leads and give up 3's.

 

If they replace Anthony with an efficient player, they would be better.

Apr 23, 2018 11:00pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

Hitnrun24 wrote:

Sometimes George goes 5+ possessions without touching the ball, I'm not sure why OKC would give the ball to toast Melo over him so often. Jingles is locking him up a bit too, that boy can D up. Such an underrated player, there isn't one team he wouldn't make better. I'm really starting to believe in Utah, they are always making the right play.

 

Yeah.  It's been a combination of too much Melo, plus Ingles is a good player too at both ends of the floor.

 

George's performance is not one of the major reasons why the Thunder are losing.

 

It's Anthony, and all of points in the paint; rebounding; and 3's the Jazz are making.

Apr 23, 2018 11:02pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

nuraman00 wrote:



Utah vs. Oklahoma City:

I have no idea about this series.  I could see either team winning it in 4, 5, 6, or 7.  Even if it's a sweep, the games will still be good.

I'll give the edge to Snyder's coaching and defense.

If Jingles will guard Anthony, that could be fun.  He will probably outscore Anthony during 2 games if it's a long series.

Utah in 7.

Utah
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City
Utah
Oklahoma City
Utah
Utah

 

 

I've been kind of right about the games being good (and with the implication that this would be one of the best series).

 

Jingles didn't guard Anthony, but he's been still fun with the matchup vs. George.

Apr 23, 2018 11:03pm
nuraman00
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 40 min ago
Joined: Oct 6, 2011

pro100 wrote:

Paul George's stock is kinda tanking right now in this Jazz series. Joe Ingles ballin'! -Screw you Doc

 

Ballmer also signed off on the move too.

Apr 24, 2018 8:53am
WindsorUK
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 9 min ago
Joined: Oct 9, 2011

Amazing how well both Jazz and Pelicans are playing this post season. Wasn't long ago we thought we could overtake either one. Both teams are on the rise.

We'll have to do something special this off season to catch either one next year. 

Apr 24, 2018 9:40am
Clippers1121
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 37 min ago
Joined: Nov 15, 2011

The Thunder were unnerved when the Jazz came back hard against them in the second half of game two in OKC.  And they have not recovered yet from that.  Jazz have been dominating this series and the main catalyst has been Donovan Mitchell.  And he was picked 13th in last years draft.  So who has the 13th pick this year.  We do.  As well as the 12th.  Hopefully we land somebody in one of those two spots that can contribute.  Mitchell is somebody you would think you could shut down.  He isn't as fast or as big as other players.  But all those herky jerky moves and a willingness to take big shots from any place on the court makes him tough to guard.  Kind of like a Jamal Crawford type on offense who can always create his own shot and gets to the basket a lot.  He can't be this good can he.  He has to cool off at some point.

Apr 24, 2018 10:06am
mannycoon
Online
Last seen: 6 min 53 sec ago
Joined: Nov 2, 2011
All five of the Jazz starters are playing well, Mitchell gets a ton of credit because hes scoring the most, but the other four are all strong two way players. They are succeeding as team, not as a star or two and some filler. Favors return to form this year has been a big boost for them and its kind of nice to see a team succeeding with a more traditional PF.