2018 NBA Finals Thread.

165 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jun 7, 2018 3:16pm
trapp76

gilp5 wrote:

trapp76 wrote:

Nobody wants to go to CLE except vet min guys who want to play with Lebron. Star players who can make money don't want to live there, even with Lebron. I think that is partially why his supporting cast always ends up worse in CLE than it was in MIA. Kyrie was there for the championship but he was on an RFA deal where he couldn't leave.

Much more likely Lebron leaves and goes somewhere else.

I still think he will try and find his way to HOU somehow, but PHI wouldn't be a bad choice for him either.

I don't buy that at all. Players will go anywhere if they think it is a better situation for them money/winning/team wise. The city does not make a difference.

Totally disagree.

Jun 7, 2018 3:49pm
gilp5

Clippers1121 wrote:

Do you think Blake Griffin likes living in Detroit more than he likes living in Pacific Palisades?  I don't think so.  If you have enough money already then working conditions matter.  And part of that is the city that you play in.

If this was 2004 and Griffin was a free agent and had an option to make more money playing for the championship detroit team vs a non-playoff clipper team, he would do that. If the Houston extension talks with Paul go south, Paul feels offended, and Cleveland finds a way to pay him what he wants to be with Lebron, he will want to do that.

I'm not saying this is the likely scenario, but it is possible and Paul wouldn't turn it down because Cleveland is soo much worse for him than Houston.

I guess if money/playing opportunity/winning are all exactly equal than the 4th consideration for most players would be location. But the first three are 90% of what most of them care about.

Jun 7, 2018 3:49pm
nuraman00
Jun 7, 2018 3:53pm
nuraman00

gilp5 wrote:

Clippers1121 wrote:

Do you think Blake Griffin likes living in Detroit more than he likes living in Pacific Palisades?  I don't think so.  If you have enough money already then working conditions matter.  And part of that is the city that you play in.

If this was 2004 and Griffin was a free agent and had an option to make more money playing for the championship detroit team vs a non-playoff clipper team, he would do that. If the Houston extension talks with Paul go south, Paul feels offended, and Cleveland finds a way to pay him what he wants to be with Lebron, he will want to do that.

I'm not saying this is the likely scenario, but it is possible and Paul wouldn't turn it down because Cleveland is soo much worse for him than Houston.

I guess if money/playing opportunity/winning are all exactly equal than the 4th consideration for most players would be location. But the first three are 90% of what most of them care about.

I kind of agree.  Joe Johnson didn't want to stay in Phoenix, because he didn't like the negotiations process, so he took similar money and a bigger role in Atlanta.

Usually the money and playing opportunity are not equal, when comparing two teams.  

Or, a team can sell a player on shot opportunities better than another team can.

Jun 7, 2018 4:03pm
nuraman00

If Lebron James commits to a 2 year deal or greater, in Cleveland, then another good FA might come.

Or, James might have to get a verbal agreement from another good FA that they'll join him in Cleveland, if James himself resigns there.

Jun 8, 2018 3:08pm
Clippers1121

Could be the end of the season tonight.  Warriors -4.5 means they are the favorite.  Now when I said they will throw the game what I meant is that they will throw the game.  They are not motivated to win another game at Cleveland so they will not be trying real hard to win tonight.  Plus, the team probably makes an extra 10 million if they have another game in Oakland.  Plus they probably prefer to celebrate another title at home as opposed to being in Cleveland.  But we are talking about the Cavs here so even it the Warriors are not trying to win the Cavs still have to play a good game themselves to beat them.  They can't just mail it in or the Warriors will win on talent alone.  Not sure just how motivated the Cavs are to win this game and take it back to the bay area where they will be heavy underdogs.  I think the Warriors wrap it up tonight because Curry and Thompson will shoot better and Lebron can't carry the team himself without getting the benefit of Kyrie Irving's 40 points in their win last year.

Note:  Great to see a Washington Capitals Stanley Cup win last night.  28 playoff appearances and 44 years without winning it.  Would not be right if Vegas won it in their first year of existence.  Congrats to the Capitals.  Good job.  Good series.  Great to see about 7,000 of their fans in the arena in Vegas last night.  Now that is some damn good fan support.  Plus, the huge crowd in Washington.  Happy to see one of the downtrodden franchises win for a change.  Now when will it be our turn.

Jun 8, 2018 4:11pm
nuraman00

Cleveland has to defend better than they did in games 2 and 3.  That's what lsot them the game.

Regardless of how Curry and Thompson are shooting, good or bad, if Cleveland can't stop giving up open dunks and layups then they won't have a chance to win.

Jun 8, 2018 6:59pm
nuraman00

Cavs lead 42-43.

Jun 8, 2018 7:15pm
Mistwell

Cavs down 9 at half

Jun 8, 2018 8:03pm
nuraman00

Mistwell wrote:

Cavs down 9 at half

Now down 21 at the end of the 3rd.

Jun 8, 2018 8:03pm
nuraman00

Mark Jackson has called the Cavs embarrasing and disgraceful multiple times.

Jun 8, 2018 8:31pm
pro100

Glad this is over with now we can get to the draft, summer league and on another note the World Cup. 

Jun 9, 2018 8:02am
trapp76
fuck kevin durant
Jun 9, 2018 9:47am
V-Ice
Agree w Trapp.